White & Nerdy

Moderator: Moderators

sumerak

Post by sumerak »

Barney Slayer @ Jul 17 2006, 07:46 PM wrote: Yes, it does look offical, but it could be someone pretending to be him.
Perhaps... but it did come from Chamillionaire's official MySpace page (directly linked from the official Chamillionaire website). And as far as I know, you can't post bulletins from an identity unless you have the account's password, etc.
So unless someone hacked into Chamillionaire's MySpace account specifically to feed false info to the few Weird Al fans that might be on his Friends List, I'm thinking it could be pretty accurate...
But then again, I'm new here... :)
sumerak

Post by sumerak »

MaleHeffer @ Jul 17 2006, 07:48 PM wrote: well, i just got added to the one linked from his website, and this is what i got

i dont know!
I think you're just looking at the blog entries on his main page. You've got to look at the Bulletins (which appear on your page, not the sender's).
Go to your MySpace Home, click on the "Bulletins" link and look for one from Chamillionaire. I had to wade through a few pages of bulletins from friends, but I eventually found it.
Man, I hope I'm not nuts...
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

No, I see your point. When I posted that I forgot that the MySpace page was linked from Chamillionaire's website. So chances are, it's true.
And Peggy
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

sumerak @ Jul 17 2006, 02:56 PM wrote: Man, I hope I'm not nuts...
No, no, you're not, it's pretty easy to find assuming you don't have hundreds of friends all posting bulletins today. And Chamillionaire (or at least his MySpace rep) is pretty quick with accepting friend requests.
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
weirdalfan95
Obsessed

Post by weirdalfan95 »

Holy crap! This should be awesome! Although, I'm not a big rap fan, Chamillionaire's song is really good! And a Green Day parody should be REAL awesome since I like Green Day. :whoot:
Al- Team #2294
August 19, 2007 Waukegan IL Genessee Theater
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

I like "Ridin" a lot, should be awesome. Glad to have a full-out Green Day parody (hopefully of "Wake Me Up When September Ends") too.

Awesome find, AP!
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

I just listened to parts of "Trapped in the Closet." :huh: What the heck is that? That's not even a song. Is there even a hook? I've never heard that on the radio. I really doubt Al would parody that. I would think "Ignition (Remix)" would be more likely, even though it's a bit out of date now. Then again, if he did it like "Albuquerque" it might work.

Anyway, I've listened to "Ridin'" a bunch of times already today, trying to get really used to the song. I think this will be a MUCH better lead track than "You're Pitiful" would have been.

As for the fifth parody, I suppose "Don't Download This Song" is still a possibility, but I'm leaning towards that being a style parody rather than a straight parody of "We Are The World." Then there's still that "Numa Numa" rumor. I'm not convinced that there's any validity behind that at all though. I'm still keeping my hopes up for a Black Eyed Peas or Kanye West parody.
Insert Coin(s) to Continue
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Insert Coin(s) to Continue »

Well, if we had 11 songs for the album recorded (including You're Pitiful), assuming that 1/2 are parodies and 1/2 are originals, we'd have:

1. White and Nerdy
2. original
3. R. Kelly parody
4. original
5. Polka
6. original
7. Usher parody
8. original
9. Green Day parody
10. original
11. You're Pitiful

Al knew that he was doing Weasel Stomping Day before the whole Pitiful fiasco started (I'd assume). From what we know about the album, there just isn't any logical space for a Dragostea Din Tei parody :( That would have been great...I still have my fingers crossed, but it isn't likely.
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
http://caneandrinse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

If the Chamillionaire bulletin is true, then as much as I'd like to see a Kanye parody, I think I'd rather see him do another rock song. There are three urban-style parodies on this album already, more than any previous album. Granted, it is more popular than ever, but diversity is the name of the game in Al's line of work.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

iisryan, how do you figure "You're Pitiful" as track 11 on the CD? It is certain that it will not be on the album. There is still room for "Don't Download This Song" or whatever another parody might be, plus a 12th track which you ruled out for some reason.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.