Virus Alert

Moderator: Moderators

Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Re: Virus Alert

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Way_Moby wrote:Just read the article. That is a little insincere, but then, hey, I guess that's that site's job.
It's not the insincerity that is offensive, as you are correct - it's their job to be insincere. All of their articles are fake news. What's offensive about the article is the insensitivity.
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

Did Al ever comment on that article?
JCM
Off The Deep End
Awards: Most Annoying User

Post by JCM »

I doubt it. The Onion was pretty obscure back then, and they could get away with crap like that, though I'm not saying it's right.
How old was that last signature? I mean, really?
RyanHippFTW
Off The Deep End

Post by RyanHippFTW »

JCM wrote:I doubt it. The Onion was pretty obscure back then, and they could get away with crap like that, though I'm not saying it's right.
No, they weren't. They have existed since the late-80s and have expanded greatly. If they were still "pretty obscure" at that point in time, I doubt that they would've kept on going or expanded the way they have.
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

Way_Moby wrote:Did Al ever comment on that article?
No, not in public. A writer for the Onion (NOT the one who wrote the article or the person who approved it for publication--I think he was a writer for the AV Club) said something to Al about not being in favor of it being published, and Al said something to the effect of "that's OK, I understand." This came from the Onion writer, but I don't remember where he posted it.
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

Well that's good. I assume every comedy organization has at least a few people that overstep boundaries. Good to hear that Al has sense of humor!
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

I wouldnt say he has a sense of humor about it, he just brushed it off. Just shows how strong he is
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

I certainly did not take it as an indication that Al had a sense of humor about it. I only took it as an indication that he was not going to hold the incident against the Onion. Basically, he forgave them.
JCM
Off The Deep End
Awards: Most Annoying User

Post by JCM »

Orthography Enthusiast wrote:
Way_Moby wrote:Did Al ever comment on that article?
No, not in public. A writer for the Onion (NOT the one who wrote the article or the person who approved it for publication--I think he was a writer for the AV Club) said something to Al about not being in favor of it being published, and Al said something to the effect of "that's OK, I understand." This came from the Onion writer, but I don't remember where he posted it.
Was it on the forum? I can't find it on Google.
How old was that last signature? I mean, really?
RyanHippFTW
Off The Deep End

Post by RyanHippFTW »

JCM wrote:Was it on the forum? I can't find it on Google.
For someone who makes posts based on heresay, you seem to be pretty insistent on getting people's sources for theirs.