Virus Alert

Moderator: Moderators

Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

So, we don't really know anything yet about this song, but it's fun to speculate anyway.

My first thought was that it was a rehash of "Germs," but then I realized it's more likely about computer viruses. It's interesting that Al has two songs about computers on this album. With IAATP and eBay, computer songs are becoming the new food song. But then, that's what I thought about the classic rock/movie songs.

Any thoughts on what this song might be like?
Mystik Tomato
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: All of them.

Post by Mystik Tomato »

I reckon it'll be naming fake viruses.

*Imagines the 6SCweazel virus*
Sever your leg, please. It's the greatest day.
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Sounds kinda cool. Maybe it's like Cavity Search, in that you think it's about one thing with that title, but it's not even close to what you thought!
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

It's probably a song that makes a computer virus seem like a far worse problem than it is. I can see Al making it really exaggerated.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
Insert Coin(s) to Continue
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Insert Coin(s) to Continue »

Kevbo1987 @ Aug 28 2006, 07:45 AM wrote: It's probably a song that makes a computer virus seem like a far worse problem than it is. I can see Al making it really exaggerated.
That's what I'm thinking. I'm thinking he'll go into the eyes of a virus scanner on the PC and point out the hundreds of viruses and the rediculous things they're doing.
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
http://caneandrinse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Doctor
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by The Doctor »

I'm thinking that it will be an Instrumental, like Fun Zone!
That would be cool!
Silence will fall.
Deliriously Dedicated

lamename3000 @ Aug 28 2006, 11:45 AM wrote: I'm thinking that it will be an Instrumental, like Fun Zone!
That would be cool!
I seriously doubt that. The only reason Fun Zone was included on his album was that it was part of the movie's soundtrack. Al has no reason, right now, to record another instrumental song. 99% of the joy from Al's music comes from the lyrics anyways. Recording an instrumental would be like Justin Timberlake trying to sell an album compried soely of vocal pieces (OH SNAP).
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Recording an instrumental would be like Justin Timberlake trying to sell an album compried soely of vocal pieces (OH SNAP).

Or trying desperatly to convince people he's hood by hanging out with rappers, saying the f word and putting a parental advisory sticker on....oh wait..... :rolleyes:

Well, I doubt we'd get an instrumental....because simply put, the dvd would include an instrumental of an instrumental :lol:
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
Whatinthe27
Occasional

Post by Whatinthe27 »

.... well there's always the outside chance that it's a funny take on the bird flu.. ?? It was a pretty big news story for a while
- Sam
Deliriously Dedicated

One more thing about an instrumental, the person who listened to the album would have made a note about it if it was an instrumental song. That seems like a pretty major detail to forget to mention.