Virus Alert

Moderator: Moderators

heliothehunter
Occasional

Post by heliothehunter »

You know what I've noticed? Quite a few Al originals are oddly reminiscent of older songs not by big name artists. Like Hardware Store, I hear "We Got The Spirit" (or whatever that song is called), and even this one. I can't place the tune, but Virus Alert sparks a familiar tune in my head.
avesjohn
Obsessed

Post by avesjohn »

heliothehunter @ May 21 2007, 02:03 PM wrote: You know what I've noticed? Quite a few Al originals are oddly reminiscent of older songs not by big name artists. Like Hardware Store, I hear "We Got The Spirit" (or whatever that song is called), and even this one. I can't place the tune, but Virus Alert sparks a familiar tune in my head.
hehe a pun.

But seriously, folks, I don't know anything about The Sparks other than the fact that VA (seriously, I think "Virginia" every time I see that abbreviation!) is a style parody of them.
I am shocked, offended, and a little turned on.

I don't curse. Except around vampires.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

Has anyone else found the easter eggs in the video that you can access while watching it on New Grounds?

:ph34r:
And Peggy
WhiteAndNerdy27
Occasional

Post by WhiteAndNerdy27 »

I have.
I pitty the fool, who eats poopy pizza for breakfast!
uwvark
Off The Deep End

Post by uwvark »

I just came up with a thought. The song mainly is a warning about computer viruses right? But doesn't it seem towards the end when he starts saying about 'Send to every single person that you know', that the tables have turned and he is now using us to propagate the (his) virus?

So it goes like this, fear-mongering leads to you not knowing what to do, Al is the friendly person with advice, and then by the end we're are just blindly following his instructions which then causes us to be used into sending his own virus out.

Strange?

:peace:
I got 99 problems but BTD ain't one.
The Doctor
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by The Doctor »

That is exactly how it seems.
I did notice that, but I guess I didn't think that it was something not obvious to everyone.
Silence will fall.
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

I didn't think about "Al" in the song spreading a virus, but more about how some gullible people will earnestly warn you by email of every hoax that comes down the pike. That gets pretty annoying.
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
ArtVandelay
Occasional

Post by ArtVandelay »

Does anyone else find the way Weird Al says "Reggie" in this song annoying? I think Barney Slayer said he shared this feeling but I'm not sure. Still, even with that small annoyance, the song is still an enjoyable romp.
I bought some batteries but they weren't included, so I bought them again.
Limecat
Obsessed

Post by Limecat »

Barney Slayer @ Jun 3 2007, 05:59 PM wrote: Has anyone else found the easter eggs in the video that you can access while watching it on New Grounds?

:ph34r:
could you pm them to me please?
DECAPITATIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!
The Doctor
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by The Doctor »

ArtVandelay @ Jun 25 2007, 06:49 PM wrote: Does anyone else find the way Weird Al says "Reggie" in this song annoying?
Why? Is your name Reggie? Did the Stinky Cheese email attack you?
Silence will fall.