Dualdisc Video Chit Chat

Moderator: Moderators

CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

iisryan27 @ Jan 4 2006, 11:43 AM wrote: Is that including the guy who did the Star Wars Gangsta Rap? I remember him saying he was working on it too.
I didn't include him because I remember there was some debate as to what he was talking about because the blog entry mentioning Al was from over a year ago.
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Kevbo1987 @ Jan 4 2006, 02:01 PM wrote: You mean like a medley, or just more than one video? I'm not sure that Al would do more than one animated video for one album.
What I mean is he could be doing different videos for some of the originals, only to be released on the dvd (With the already speculated "Don't Download This Song" as a single of some sorts)

It's farfetched, but other artists have done things like that, and it's really only a natural step up from the bonus mixes and home movies of Poodle Hat anyway.
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Although the idea is interesting, I highly doubt we're looking at a "parody medley." I also doubt that all these animators are for different videos. Most likely, they're all working on the same video. And most likely, that video is the "We Are the World Parody." I'm not sure yet how all the animators will fit into it, but I'm thinking that it'll be an all star cast of animators instead of the all star cast of singers that was in the USA for Africa original.

As for "I'll Sue You," if that is indeed a real title, I agree with Jace that it is a separate original that has nothing to do with these other rumors.

However, the idea of multiple videos for the originals is very intriguing. I don't think it will happen, but it would be cool. As for the content of the DVD, I forsee these as possible items to be included:

- Alternate mixes of the originals (pretty much a given)
- On-screen lyrics like on PH's enhanced album
- Making the album and/or making of the video documentary
- Video(s)
- Another edition of "Home Movies"
- Best of ALTV clips
- Best of TWAS clips
- Clips from the "Poodle Hat Tour" - Most likely just the songs that weren't on the "Live" DVD already.
- Bonus tracks

Any other ideas?
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Cool ideas! Maybe the best scene or two from The Compleat Al, since we probably won't ever get the full thing on DVD.

One possible idea: maybe if Al is doing the DVD, he's preparing animated videos for every song on the album (or at least the originals), exclusively for the DVD. Since MTV and VH1 don't really play videos anymore, it's not really cost-effective to create huge, big-budget videos to promote the album since there's no place to see them.
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Insert Coin(s) to Continue
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Insert Coin(s) to Continue »

I'm expecting a "medley video" like the Newgrounds collaborations you see sometimes where one cartoonist does the first twenty seconds and then another does the next twenty seconds and so on.
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
http://caneandrinse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jake
Occasional

Post by Jake »

^ Yeah that makes sense, that's what I'd guess too.
erkman27
Regular

Post by erkman27 »

Does anyone think that some of the collaborations/animations we've seen could be for extras on the Weird Al Show DVD set?
Safety first...then cookies!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2269943
weirdallie27
Off The Deep End

Post by weirdallie27 »

Yankovic Farley @ Jan 3 2006, 10:20 PM wrote: Yet another person, David C. Lovelace, claiming to work on an animated project for Al. He refers to the new release as a CD/DVD - I never heard of the Retarded Animal Babies.
I love Retarded Animal Babies....they're really vulgar...and well, retarded.... :lol:

Good stuff.

~Allison
Alfie
09/13/96 - 07/11/08
Rest well, my sweet prince
Al's #27 fan
Obsessed

Post by Al's #27 fan »

erkman27 @ Jan 7 2006, 12:14 PM wrote: Does anyone think that some of the collaborations/animations we've seen could be for extras on the Weird Al Show DVD set?
I was actually thinking about that yesterday...
Begone, foul beast!
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

1) Why would he put "Bob" on the DVD for either TWAS or the new album? It was already released on TUVC.

2) The album and TWAS DVD may be released on the same day, but I doubt that they will be packaged together or that the album DVD that we're hearing about will be the TWAS DVD. They're two separate releases. The album DVD will be released by Volcano, not by Shout!

3) No, I don't think that the animation spoilers that we've been hearing about have anything to do with the TWAS DVDs. It's quite clear that these animators are talking about a music video to be released with/for the new album.