Dualdisc Video Chit Chat

Moderator: Moderators

cody
Die-hard Fan

Post by cody »

He's talking about disc art, not the cover.

as for disc art on the international release, it will probably be a standard tracklisting. Unless he throws a picture on there at the last minute.
weirdalfan95
Obsessed

Post by weirdalfan95 »

Yeah, I know he was talking about the disc art, I was just saying how Al didn't plan to release international versions as CD/DVD, so what I was guessing is Al would probably use the cover art as disc art... But that seems unlikely... The standard tracklist would make sence, though.
Al- Team #2294
August 19, 2007 Waukegan IL Genessee Theater
cody
Die-hard Fan

Post by cody »

oh, I see.

I suppose they might throw on an outtake from some photo shoots, just to help make up for the fact the international release will be missing content. But this late it sounds like it's completely out of Al's control, unfortunatly.

But on the other hand, the american release might come as two seperate discs by option, right? Either that or there might be a seperate version without the DVD at all. The two dualdiscs my friend has bought were also avaliable (for the same price) as just the CD. I assume they had some disc art on them.

So if Al had some disc art on a CD-only release in America along side the dualdisc, he might just use that disc art in the international release.
weirdalfan95
Obsessed

Post by weirdalfan95 »

Well, another band I like Bowling For Soup has their album A Hangover You Don't deserve as a DualDisc and regular CD (it's enhanced, though) and the regular CD has art. But I dunno if SOL will be released on CD/DVD... I guess if you want that, buy an international release. But an American CD/DVD of SOL would be cool, I suppose.
Al- Team #2294
August 19, 2007 Waukegan IL Genessee Theater
weird user
Addicted

Post by weird user »

I recently noticed some sight gags. In the I'll Sue You video, many of the company logos mispell the products. I wonder if the animator was trying to avoid lawsuits (or if Al instructed him not to spell them correctly in an effort to avoid lawsuits), or if the animator just thought it would be funny to mispell them.

I also noticed a lot of Al references in the Virus Alert video. For example, the website that people look at when the e-mail is shown has the web address for Al's official web site. And when stock market reports are shown, there are reports for UHF (I think that price is 62), Al, Spam, and John. And when easter eggs are being erashed, most of the side covers of DVDs shown are Al's works. They are on their sides, and some are hard to read, but some say "Weird Al" on the side (I can't make out what they are saying). One says "I Lost on Jeapordy", another reads "Another One Rides the Bus".

I also noticed that most of the animated band members in Virus Alert resemble Al's band members, but the keyboard player looks nothing like Ruben. Does anybody know if he was supposed to resemble a diffeent keyboard player (maybe the one who played keyboard on that song)?
tessaigapants
Occasional

Post by tessaigapants »

My favorite sight gag in I'll Sue Ya is the eagle tears. Poignant statement, yet subtle enough as to not interfere with the general fun of the video. Things thrown at the stage: beer cans, underwear and rainbow suspenders. Later on, you still see someone wearing rainbow suspenders. More than one person wore them to the concert?!? :oo
Al's wearing a teletubby tie!
weird user
Addicted

Post by weird user »

tessaigapants @ Jun 1 2007, 01:28 AM wrote:
Al's wearing a teletubby tie!

I also noticed that for the first time today.
Kristine
Off The Deep End

Post by Kristine »

I don't know why I JUST NOW noticed this... but the guitar in DDTS only has 5 strings! Weird...
http://www.kristinekreations.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NOW CASTING: Perform This Way, A WOWAY Fan Video