mikelgb (3)

JacktheExtra [censored]

Schuler (27th)

Alchav's Pics

Alchav's "Useless Info"

mikelgb's set layout

Link to mikelgb's full writeup and pics

Schuler's Credits

Please feel free to move this elsewhere...I looked all over and couldn't find where this should go, only that it should be put in the spoiler forum. ;)

That aside...

Holy cow! An opportunity to be in a video?! WOW! Has anybody sent in their photos? I'm not in the "greater Los Angeles area"..but I'm not far... :F

If you don't know what I'm talking about, here's Al's actual blog post:

Wanna be in my video?

How many times have you dreamed that a complete stranger would come up to you on the street and say, "Hey... didn't I see you for a fleeting moment in a Weird Al video?"

Well, finally you have a chance to make this stupid dream come true.

We're shooting a music video this month, and we need a few extras. The only 3 requirements are: 1) You must live in the greater Los Angeles area, 2) You must be between 18 and 24 years old, and 3) You must not mind working for FREE.

If you fulfill all 3 of those requirements, then send a headshot (any simple picture of your face will do) to: [email protected]. The shoot days are August 21, 24, 25 and 27. You would most likely only be needed for one of those days - but please list in your e-mail all of those days for which you would be available. And be sure to include your phone number, the city where you live, and your age. By the way, they WILL check ID, so don't bother lying about your age!

We need all submissions in by... oh, let's say this Thursday at 9 PM Pacific Time. As of Aug. 18, 2006, that e-mail address will be discontinued, so please don't try to contact anybody there after that point, as your efforts will prove to be fruitless, and life is too short to be wasting your time writing to nonexistent e-mail addresses.

So get those headshots in, and I'll see ya on the set!
Very tasty!
WeirdAce
Occasional

Post by WeirdAce »

I do not meet the number 1 requirement...I would have loved to be there.

Some one posted that they would pay to be in his video...Lawl.
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

i_love_yankovic @ Aug 16 2006, 06:19 AM wrote: Please feel free to move this elsewhere...I looked all over and couldn't find where this should go, only that it should be put in the spoiler forum. ;)

Yes. Until the actual video comes out, this is a spoiler.

So if anyone does get in and has stories to share from the set, or whatever, it goes in here. We'll move this to Media Al when the video hits. :)

So what does this suggest? Anyone picking up clues from the blog?
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
Al's #27 fan
Obsessed

Post by Al's #27 fan »

It's confirmation that the WaN video won't be on the DualDisc.
Begone, foul beast!
mikelgb
Die-hard Fan

Post by mikelgb »

Im gonna go for it! Im 24, in Orange County, and I certianly don't mind working for Al!!!!!
<-- I'll ace any triva quiz you bring on
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

spacedingo @ Aug 16 2006, 10:25 AM wrote:
So what does this suggest? Anyone picking up clues from the blog?
There doesn't seem to be much in the realm of clues. The blog entry doesn't really give us anything except for the knowledge that Al will be shooting a video starting on Monday! :whoot: I guess the only other possible clue that I'm getting is that there is a need for extras who are between the ages of 18 and 24. I don't really think that tells us much, though.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
ducttapeearth
Obsessed

Post by ducttapeearth »

Hm... I have one qualification!
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Al's #27 fan @ Aug 16 2006, 10:49 AM wrote: It's confirmation that the WaN video won't be on the DualDisc.
I wouldn't call it confirmation, I'd just call it now extreeeemly unlikely. It depends how late the label is willing to hold off on adding content and pressing copies. Anyone have insight on that?

But my guess has always been WaN is completly seperate from the dualdisc videos anyway, so it looks more and more like that

Im gonna go for it! Im 24, in Orange County, and I certianly don't mind working for Al!!!!!

Good luck! :)

The blog entry doesn't really give us anything except for the knowledge that Al will be shooting a video starting on Monday!

I doubt the extras are going to be used for the first day...especially with the three days before the shoot picks back up. It's probably a preliminary shoot day. But that doesn't matter! We're getting a live action video! For an actual parody! :whoot:

Are there any scenes in Rollin that have a good number of extras? I've never seen the video

(We had the link to the Rollin video somewhere. Someone may want to post that again)
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
da_dom
Occasional

Post by da_dom »

The video will be for white and nerdy
for these reasons :
1) its not on the dual disc
2) Lyrics could be leaked thats why there startin filmin on 21st of august for when the world premeaire
Akrovak
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Akrovak »

spacedingo @ Aug 16 2006, 12:00 PM wrote: Are there any scenes in Rollin that have a good number of extras? I've never seen the video

(We had the link to the Rollin video somewhere. Someone may want to post that again)
I thought the name of the song being parodied is "Ridin'" ... I've seen it called "Rollin" several times ... am I imagining the "Ridin" thing?

(I do remember seeing the video, but can't remember where ... and there are several scenes with quite a few people)

Everyone from here who meet all the requirements and decide to go for it ... GOOD LUCK!! It would be exciting to hear some reports! (I'd love to do it ... silly age requirements and location requirements and stuff)
PMFL!