Weasel Stomping Day

Moderator: Moderators

Mad Genius
Obsessed

Post by Mad Genius »

Hmm... it sounds like a likely album title as opposed to a song title. If it is a song title, I doubt it'll be a parody, much less a parody of Holiday as the words don't exactly fit in a lyrical sence, especially if Al's going for an obvious pun.
"...Enthusiasm mediocre; keep in mind the animals are DEAD!"
tessaigapants
Occasional

Post by tessaigapants »

Somewhere on one of those "boring-educatonal" channels, Animal Planet I think,
I saw a weasel dancing. It was hilarious. It looked like it was trying to scratch
an unreachable itch, or perhaps rabid. The true purpose of the dance was to
mesmerise it's prey.

Rabid weasel! Stomp it! Stomp it!
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Great post about Al's album titles, Mystik. Psst, the Alapalooza title parodied the 90's big concert get-together known as Lolapalooza, not Hullapalooza. Maybe you got that confused with Hullabaloo? Nah, I don't even remember that show!

I think "Weasel Stomping Day" is a song. Whether it's by Al or not is yet to be known. It might be another example of ambiguity, much like the first line of "Everything You Know is Wrong". Sure, you initially think of a person stomping on a weasel. Who said the weasel couldn't be stomping on something instead?
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Akrovak
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Akrovak »

I think of bad people (weasels) getting what's coming to them.

All of the good people uniting one day, saying enough is enough, and just wrecking havoc on all the weasels, stomping 'em out.

(I aint been following this sub forum all that closely ... in fact this is my first post here ... so, this has probably already been said or doesn't make sense or probably just a waste of space).
PMFL!
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

I've often compared record company execs to weasels. If Al is having issues with his, then Weasel Stomping Day is an even better title.
This means something. This is important.
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Good point, El. The ambiguity thing still works here. If Al is having trouble with the weasels from the record company, maybe he's stomping on them to get revenge. Or, maybe he feels like the weasels are stomping on him by causing this delay with the cd release. I still think it's a song, though.

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

algonacchick @ May 1 2006, 11:49 AM wrote: Great post about Al's album titles, Mystik. Psst, the Alapalooza title parodied the 90's big concert get-together known as Lolapalooza, not Hullapalooza. Maybe you got that confused with Hullabaloo? Nah, I don't even remember that show!
Hullapulooza (Or however it's spelled) was the Simpsons parody :) That's probably what Mystik was thinking of
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Ah, ok. See, I thought of Hullabaloo, the sixties dance party show, which I really didn't know about until I watched some list show somewhere. Really!

Anyway, thanks for clearing that up, Dingo.

Curious about this Weasel Stomping song and the show it'll be on.

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

iisryan27 @ May 1 2006, 03:50 AM wrote:

Really, nobody can really relate to weasel stomping. Al's songs are usually about things that people can relate to, such as hernias, couch potatoes, interrupting the Simpsons, electric shavers, etc...
I see your point, but nobody can really relate to Party at the Leper Colony either. There aren't very many people around who still have leprosy, much less people who have partied with them. I'm beginning to think more and more that this is an album title, but I just wanted to make that point.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
Jigawatt
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Moderator: 2010
Former Multi-Time Best Avatar (Non-Photo): 2003-2009
Best Avatar: 2015

Post by Jigawatt »

The one thing that makes me think that Weasel Stomping Day isn't an album title is that we've already had a "Day" album name -- Bad Hair Day. I suppose that doesn't exclude Al from ever releasing an album with the word "day" in it again... but I think it makes it at least a little less likely.

Adrian
"Then you had Muppets and Hispanics and William Shatner."

PMFL!