Weasel Stomping Day

Moderator: Moderators

Moose
Occasional

Post by Moose »

Weasel Stomping Day is definitely a great title for a song. But at the same time, it sounds like something Robot Chicken could just have easily made up as a joke. We'll just have to wait and see . . .
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

From the title, it sounds like it would be a country song.
Microwaved_Head
Obsessed

Post by Microwaved_Head »

Moose @ May 1 2006, 12:14 AM wrote: Weasel Stomping Day is definitely a great title for a song. But at the same time, it sounds like something Robot Chicken could just have easily made up as a joke. We'll just have to wait and see . . .
Maybe Al's getting revenge for what happened to him in Albuquerque :lol:
-Debra

Stick Your Head In The Microwave And Get Yourself A Tan!
CB Johnny
Addicted

Post by CB Johnny »

Maybe it's just me but it it seems like they could be parodying Al, not having his song on the show.
Visit Elvis' website to read "The Completionist Guide" for accessing all sorts ofWeird Al songs (and sometimes ridiculously miniscule) be it rare gems or ridiculously miniscule from 1973 to 2019. weirdalstar.com/uhf/
tessaigapants
Occasional

Post by tessaigapants »

Yankovic Farley @ Apr 30 2006, 11:44 PM wrote: I've never seen Robot Chicken . . . would they air a video that was only animated and would it seem fitting to have a part live action part animated video on it?
I've seen a human being cameo once or twice.
They're 99.27% animation.
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

NNY273000 @ Apr 30 2006, 08:52 PM wrote: Maybe it's just me but it it seems like they could be parodying Al, not having his song on the show.
That's what I'm wondering as well, since I do know that "Robot Chicken" does their own musical bits from time to time, but I'm not sure if they ever go so far as to create "fake" songs to sound like actual artists.
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mystik Tomato
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: All of them.

Post by Mystik Tomato »

CatraDhtem @ May 1 2006, 02:28 PM wrote: ...but I'm not sure if they ever go so far as to create "fake" songs to sound like actual artists.
Well, WSD could possibly be a Yankovic-h song, not one from the new album.
Sever your leg, please. It's the greatest day.
Insert Coin(s) to Continue
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Insert Coin(s) to Continue »

Mystik Tomato @ Apr 30 2006, 09:47 PM wrote: Well, WSD could possibly be a Yankovic-h song, not one from the new album.
If the television network is going to call up Volcano, ask for the rights to do a video for the song, and fully animate the thing at Al's request, it is unlikely that it is a Yankovic-h song.

Presonally, I think that Weasel Stomping Day is more likely a name for the album than a song. While Al's album titles do warrant that kind of wacky randomness, his songs generally have a more rigid comedic structure to them. Weasel stomping seems a bit too farfetched for an Al song, but perfect for the name of an album.

Really, nobody can really relate to weasel stomping. Al's songs are usually about things that people can relate to, such as hernias, couch potatoes, interrupting the Simpsons, electric shavers, etc...
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
http://caneandrinse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mystik Tomato
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: All of them.

Post by Mystik Tomato »

But Al's albums seem to take common phrases and put a new twist on them.
"WEIRD AL" YANKOVIC - No explaination nessessary
"WEIRD AL" YANKOVIC IN 3-D - THis is around a time when many movies were coming out in 3-D
DARE TO BE STUPID - Not a common phrase, except for Al-fans
POLKA PARTY - Again, not a common phrase, for anyone!
EVEN WORSE - Badder than worst (wow, I english speak good!)
UHF - Name of the movie - is also a TV frequency
OFF THE DEEP END - Also known as: nuts; overboard; over the top; etc.
ALAPALOOZA - Parody of Hullabalooza (Woodstock of the 90's)
BAD HAIR DAY - Pseudonym for day when every thing goes wrong
RUNNING WITH SCISSORS - Kids are always told "Don't run with scissors" The consequences of which is layed out in the album insert :P
POODLE HAT - A poodle hat is, IIRC, any hat with a puffy bauble on it. like this

So, if WSD is the album name, it will be the 3rd one that won't make sense to the general public
Sever your leg, please. It's the greatest day.
JDTurnbull272
Addicted

Post by JDTurnbull272 »

:P If this is truly the title for the new ALbum, I wonder what the response will be...I mean, for example, at WalMart, they have a sign with upcoming releases. It will look kind of funny (just using the original date):
6-27 - Weasel Stomping Day

That will really get some funny looks...even if this is just a new song, it will be awesome...! :lol:
The name is John, but you can call me JD! ^~^