Moderator: Moderators

American Pie
Die-hard Fan

Post by American Pie »

Taylor Hicks parody on the album = :Y
All the Do I Make You Proud bashing = :stern:

I really do like that song.
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes
I'll see you on the Dark Side Of The Moon .
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

Don't take it too hard, American Pie. I'm about to say something that's REALLY gonna cheeze people off: I-I-I. . .I've never been a huge fan of "Taking it to the Streets". By Hicks OR the Doobies. Just never did anything for me. In a way, I would almost prefer he parodied the other Hicks song.

That said, I think that if I had to bet on it, I'd bet the parody will be of "Streets". It's a classic song that everyone knows, and it seems like there are more places Al could take that song in a parody.

Still. Never got into that song. Sorry.

Meadows
Your Horoscope For Today: Try to avoid any Virgos or Leos with the Ebola virus.
Moose
Occasional

Post by Moose »

"Do I Make You Proud?" is not nearly as bad as you guys were making it out to be. I would be fine if Al decided to parody it, it really would help mellow out the album a bit.
Marko_The_Odd
Die-hard Fan

Post by Marko_The_Odd »

Genius in Maine @ Aug 8 2006, 07:49 PM wrote: Al has parodied cover versions of songs before ("Alimony", "I Think I'm A Clone Now", "Lasagna"), so I imagine he could do that if he desired.
But at least with Billy Idol's "Mony Mony" and Tiffany's "I Think We're Alone Now", they had a fairly different sound than the original recordings, and would therefore make sense to say Al parodied them since he did it like their versions. But with "Takin it to the Streets", Taylor Hick's recording is pretty much just like the Doobie Brothers. So calling it a Taylor Hicks parody could be considerred misleading.

Then again Al did include a song originally done by an African American rapper on the "Angry White Boy Polka". :rolleyes:
WEIRDALexis279
Off The Deep End

Post by WEIRDALexis279 »

Bruce the Duck @ Aug 8 2006, 07:29 PM wrote: :lol: That was exactly my reaction!
Mine too. I would have never guessed Taylor Hicks. I've never liked Do I Make You Proud and I have never liked Takin' It To The Streets. Not to mention the fact I'm not a big Taylor Hicks fan. But, I'm sure the parody will be much better and I can imagine how hilarious the visual of Al dancing Taylor Hicks style will be
shakespeare234
Regular

Post by shakespeare234 »

Al with a short grey wig.
Every 27th customer will get a ball peen hammer FREE!!!
trippingdaisy
Occasional

Post by trippingdaisy »

there's no way al's gonna be parodying something off them, but taylor hicks already has 2 albums according to wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taylor_Hicks
GrayJ
Addicted

Post by GrayJ »

Hmm, that would be interesting, but Taylor made them on an independent label, so no one really knows about the (except the die-hard "Soul Patrol" fans).

But you never know, when your nickname has "weird" in it, anything goes. :P
How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if the wood chuck's name was Prince?
ComputerWolf
Occasional

Post by ComputerWolf »

I would like to say for my 2 cents that I feel Taylor is a different kind of style to come off of AI, and I have no problem with Do I Make You Proud.
weirdal.blazingwolf.com
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Marko_The_Odd @ Aug 8 2006, 11:42 PM wrote:

Then again Al did include a song originally done by an African American rapper on the "Angry White Boy Polka". :rolleyes:
Which song? Btw, getting technical, one other group was Armenian.

I dunno, I think if Al said he was doing a Taylor Hicks parody, it'll be of "Do I Make You Proud".
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325