Do I Creep You Out

Moderator: Moderators

GrayJ
Addicted

Post by GrayJ »

Maybe we should make a poll for this, so we can sort out our opinions. Maybe ones for Green Day and R. Kelly too... :F EDIT: Forget the Taylor Hicks one, it pretty obvious already.

Just a thought.
How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if the wood chuck's name was Prince?
nedseagoon
Occasional

Post by nedseagoon »

Bruce the Duck @ Aug 9 2006, 02:29 AM wrote: ...if the parody is indeed DIMYP, I think it will go down as the single WORST song he's ever done a parody of.
You know, I read that, and thought, "That can't be. Just think of all the fake, forgettable garbage Al was stuck with parodying on Off The Deep End before Nirvana came along, for example. This *can't* be the worst."

Then I went and listened to the song.

Ugh. Now I think you're right. Is this really what passes for 'Soul' nowadays? That song was like the aural equivalent of one of those 'Successories' motivational posters.
babadavis1
Occasional

Post by babadavis1 »

I think parodying Taylor is a good move, though last year's winner, and the almost too sweet 'Jesus Take the Wheel' would have been fun. I watch the show, and I'm only a little ashamed. I still think Chris Daughtry should've won, but I digress. I'm not a Taylor fan, but Al's versions typically help to make me forget about the originals. And put me down fo an episode of American Id-AL. His career longevity, Grammy awards, and musical diversity would lend itself well to the Idol format. Better than 'Queen' or 'Broadway' night, at any rate.

-Tony!
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

algonacchick @ Aug 9 2006, 01:33 AM wrote: Which song?
Rage Against the Machine's Renegades of Funk, originally by Afrika Bambaataa ;)

My guess is the song will have nothing to do with AI. Just a random parody. Though he is a fan, so you never know...

One things for sure...if this gets Al on an ep of American Idol, I'll actually watch an ep :D
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
GrayJ
Addicted

Post by GrayJ »

If that happens, I'll just HAVE to record it. 8)
How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if the wood chuck's name was Prince?
U62
Die-hard Fan

Post by U62 »

I'm having a hard time imagining what Al's voice is going to sound like on this song. Hicks has a very distinctive voice.

The song itself is not too bad. It will definitely be interesting to hear what Al does with it. Anyone want to speculate on what possible lyrics are going to be?
My name is U62 and I approved this message!
mewrio
Off The Deep End

Post by mewrio »

I'm being negative again, I know, but is there anyone here outside of North America who's even heard a Taylor Hicks song?
weirdalfan95
Obsessed

Post by weirdalfan95 »

I'm afraid to admit this... But, before it was mentioned on weirdal.com, I didn't even KNOW who Taylor Hicks was. :lookaround: But now the artists are confirmed, this album looks like it's gonna be the most awesomest Weird Al CD ever!
Al- Team #2294
August 19, 2007 Waukegan IL Genessee Theater
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

I'm afraid to admit this...

Don't be ashamed. Taylor may be one of, if not the, most "recent" artist Al's parodied. I mean, we're only talking a few months since most people got to know him. Even Chamillionaire (Also pretty recent) has had more of a shelf life

It even took me a bit before I connected the name with the artist, and I keep up on music a lot.

:)
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
Yankovic Farley
Addicted

Post by Yankovic Farley »

Recent songs = more appeal for all those people out there who are casual fans. I'm hoping for another huge success for Al. This should sucker in all those American Idol diehards who might not have even heard of Al before. Good stuff indeed.
'Who are you and how did you get in here?' 'I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' Leslie Nielsen, as Lieutenant Frank Drebin, From Police Squad