Do I Creep You Out

Moderator: Moderators

Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

As far as I know, Taylor only has one song - "Do I Make You Proud," which is by far the WORST American Idol winner song they've ever written. I really wonder how this will come out.

However, I had a thought. What if instead of a parody of "Do I Make You Proud," the parody is a sort of "parody-medley" of the songs that Taylor performed on the show, like "Takin' It To The Streets." That would fulfill the desire for a "classic rock" parody as well. Granted it would involve getting a LOT of extra permissions and everything, but it COULD happen.

Anyway, I'm not surprised that AI gave permission for the parody. They are media wh*res. And with the Idol tour going on even as we speak, it's added publicity for them.

With this parody, I wonder if there's a chance that Al will appear on next season's "American Idol?" :whoot: One can dream, right... Can you imagine an all Al songs episode of AI? :whoot: I would totally plotz!

One final thought popped in my head - I can't wait to see Al imitate the Taylor Hicks dance style in concert! :lol:
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

I've never seen American Idol, believe it or not, but I've at least heard of Taylor Hicks, as he pops up on that Ford commercial during my Daily Show/Colbert Report viewing every :censored: day! ("Poss-i-bil-ity !!!")

I just went to YouTube and watched some fan-made video for "Do I Make You Proud", just to hear the song. It's pretty bad, but a'la "I Want It That Way" and "The Right Stuff", I think Al will easily take this schlocky garbage and turn it into pure comedy goodness! I'm happy about it.

Meadows
Your Horoscope For Today: Try to avoid any Virgos or Leos with the Ebola virus.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Hey, I liked "I Want it That Way." :F
GrayJ
Addicted

Post by GrayJ »

Bruce the Duck @ Aug 8 2006, 08:13 PM wrote: Anyway, I'm not surprised that AI gave permission for the parody. They are media wh*res.
I won't be suprised if the song is about AI.
How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if the wood chuck's name was Prince?
twinkieweinersandwiches24_7
Off The Deep End

Post by twinkieweinersandwiches24_7 »

Wow, I don't think I would have ever guessed there would be a Taylor Hicks parody. I was reading the blurb on the Mothership, going "mmhm, mmhm, mmhm, mmhm, mmh--WHAT?!" :lol: This is going to be gooooood. 8)
Stephanie
Al Team #2781
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

I would have never guessed in a million years that there'd be a Taylor Hicks parody on the ALbum either. I don't really know any of his songs, but I'm sure the parody will be really awesome.
And Peggy
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

twinkieweinersandwiches24_7 @ Aug 8 2006, 08:25 PM wrote: Wow, I don't think I would have ever guessed there would be a Taylor Hicks parody. I was reading the blurb on the Mothership, going "mmhm, mmhm, mmhm, mmhm, mmh--WHAT?!" :lol:
:lol: That was exactly my reaction! And the worst thing is now I have to download that god-awful piece of garbage of a song. I"m not second-guessing Al's choice of parody subjects. I have complete faith that he knows what he's doing and that the parody will be superb, but if the parody is indeed DIMYP, I think it will go down as the single WORST song he's ever done a parody of.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

Agreed.
And Peggy
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

Bruce the Duck @ Aug 8 2006, 05:19 PM wrote: Hey, I liked "I Want it That Way."   :F
Nothing wrong with having some guilty pleasures, BtD. I'll admit to liking some pretty awful songs (Barry Manilow's "Mandy", anyone?) ( :vomit: )

I guess IWITW--cornball as it is--couldn't have been THAT bad a song if I like "eBay" so much...

Meadows
Your Horoscope For Today: Try to avoid any Virgos or Leos with the Ebola virus.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Yeah, well I used to sing along with that song a LONG time before PH ever came out. Yes, it's definitely a guilty pleasure of mine. :S