Lynstrumentals

Moderator: Moderators

Stu Pidasso
Occasional

Post by Stu Pidasso »

KARAOKE BAY BEE!!!! :peace:
I hate spelling errors so much. You mix up two letters and your whole post is urined.
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

iisryan27 @ Aug 13 2006, 04:01 PM wrote: WeirdAl.com boasts instrumental versions (with accompanying on-screen lyrics) for every song on Straight Outta Lynwood. This is a good idea, but it surprised me. They made a careful motion to make sure we know that there are only 6 videos (possibly only for the originals), I think that if there were only 6 instrumentals, it would have been careful to tell us.

With that said, this strikes me oddly because, on Poodle Hat, Al only included the instrumental versions of his originals. Really, it is Al and TBITB performing the parody instrumentals, but they are imitating the works of someone else without really changing it much at all.

How do you think this will go down? Will this be cool with the original artists?
It's possible that instrumental mixes being included is in part a result of all the songs being remixed in 5.1, since those would have to be isolated as a part of the effect.

If so, then Al probably knew about it when he was first conceiving the album, having not only participated in one DualDisc album before but also always expanding on the capabilities of normal CD albums. It's likely that instrumental mixes were mentioned on this latest round of permission-getting.
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mad Genius
Obsessed

Post by Mad Genius »

iisryan27 @ Aug 13 2006, 11:12 PM wrote: Personally, being a parodist myself, I get excited by instrumentals. Seeing that Al has already done parodies of the original songs, I'm probably not going to use them, but I love to have them anyways. This is really good news for me and all others who love instrumentals.
You get excited?! I'M FRICKEN GIDDY ABOUT IT!!11!!11

I'm with Ryan also, since I *TOO* am a Parodist. I too get excited about finding official instrumentals for myself, that and recreating them from scratch or using my 1.33 GB of soundfonts I've accumulated (since 2003!) to render a MIDI file for my parodies and sometimes originals. However, getting official instrumentals (and from AL even!) is literally music to my ears. To parody the Prince of Parodies is like pulling an ultimate prank on the Prankster Prince. It's also Al's way of saying "thank you all for being so patient on the album's release being delayed."

With that being said, This also makes up for Poodle Hat's instrumental mixes because they were rendered at 96 kbps, which depreciated the quality of the instrumentals (heh heh... I'm a sound geek).

Lastly, this also means (if this is true) that we'll get an instrumental version of the Polka Medley!!! I've ALWAYS wanted to parody a polka medley.
"...Enthusiasm mediocre; keep in mind the animals are DEAD!"
Insert Coin(s) to Continue
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Insert Coin(s) to Continue »

Yeah! I'm excited about the polka instrumental, as well. I'll have to do a parody of it before I listen to it too much. If I tried to do my own polka with the instrumental of Angry White Boy Polka (which doesn't exist) right now, I don't think I could do it. I know the original too well.
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
http://caneandrinse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
GrayJ
Addicted

Post by GrayJ »

The only reason I like instrumentals is for singing it while looking at the lyrics. I also like listening to them just for fun (Hardware Store is one of my favorites). :D
How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if the wood chuck's name was Prince?
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

GrayJ @ Aug 15 2006, 12:48 AM wrote: The only reason I like instrumentals is for singing it while looking at the lyrics. I also like listening to them just for fun (Hardware Store is one of my favorites). :D
If the Chamillionaire parody is what I think it is, good luck singing along! :lol:
Insert Coin(s) to Continue
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Insert Coin(s) to Continue »

Bruce the Duck @ Aug 15 2006, 04:49 PM wrote: If the Chamillionaire parody is what I think it is, good luck singing along! :lol:
Any Chamillionaire song would be hard to sing along to.
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
http://caneandrinse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Did we HAVE to have this thread's title changed into a pun? :rolleyes:
Themagic#27
Obsessed

Post by Themagic#27 »

Bruce the Duck @ Aug 16 2006, 03:11 AM wrote: Did we HAVE to have this thread's title changed into a pun? :rolleyes:
Psh, of course! Nothing can escape with a normal title here. =P
Are we playin' horseshoes, honey? No, I don't think we are...

♥Al-Team #6x7=42♥
WeirdAbbott
Off The Deep End

Post by WeirdAbbott »

The only thing out of this that would be good for me would be the :censored: instrumental. Because most likely I'm doing that song for my talent show at school, and i'll need an instrumental. :Y

[MOD Edit: No spoilers please. Even initials.]
amiright.com/parody/authors/abbottskelding.shtml
youtube.com/WeirdAbbott
facebook.com/TheAbbottSkelding
soundclick.com/TheAbbottSkelding
facebook.com/AbbottSkeldingDesign