Don't Download This Song

Moderator: Moderators

Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

Hmmm.....this sounds very interesting. I can't see how the sketches we've seen fit into that particular parody idea, but who knows with Al. It sounds like it could be a very ambitious parody/video.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

thatoneguy @ Dec 18 2005, 02:46 PM wrote: Also, Al has never done duets/trios/etc. on CDs before.
Except "Ricky"

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
thatoneguy
Obsessed

Post by thatoneguy »

Elvis @ Dec 18 2005, 12:06 PM wrote: Except "Ricky"
Right!

He's never harmonized or sang with any other comedians/funny musicians on a CD. Like "Weird Al" featuring That One Guy.

The only thing I can think of about a cat is Napster. Napster's logo is a cat type image. Napster was also the first big P2P sharing program, for downloading songs.
badgerate22beans
Occasional

Post by badgerate22beans »

what the heck is "we are the world"
November Rain-Guns N' Roses
The Best Music Video Ever
thatoneguy
Obsessed

Post by thatoneguy »

badgerate22beans @ Dec 18 2005, 01:57 PM wrote: what the heck is "we are the world"
We are the World by USA for Africa is a charity song from the 80s for victims of famine in Africa.

Written by Michael Jackson and Lionel Ritchie.

Multiple musicians helped out: Stevie Wonder, Paul Simon, Kenny Rogers, Tina Turner, Diana Ross, Willie Nelson, Bruce Springsteen, Kenny Logins, Steve Perry, Daryl Hall, Huey Lewis, Cyndi Lauper, Bob Dylan, Ray Charles, etc.

In the video, they were all singing together like a choir. The Simpsons has a parody of it, when Bart fell down the well. All the famous Simpsons characters got together and sang, "We're sending our love down the well."
Elvis wrote: Why not parody the one that started it all?
Actually, We are the World was inspired by Do they Know it's Christmas by Band-Aid, but I know what you mean.
badgerate22beans
Occasional

ok, thanks

I really don't think this is a good song to parody, just my opinion
thatoneguy
Obsessed

Post by thatoneguy »

badgerate22beans @ Dec 18 2005, 02:22 PM wrote: I really don't think this is a good song to parody, just my opinion
The Simpsons parody was funny.
badgerate22beans
Occasional

thatoneguy @ Dec 18 2005, 11:31 PM wrote: The Simpson's parody was funny.
What!?

sorry, I'm not that much of a simpsons fan, I watch Family Guy
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

thatoneguy @ Dec 18 2005, 05:13 PM wrote: Written by Michael Jackson and Lionel Ritchie.
What? Another Michael Jackson parody? :angry:

:P

Actually, that's another reason this makes sense. Michael Jackson could use the money so he'd probably say yes to anything now. I don't about Lionel Ritchie's financial situation, but he probably wouldn't mind having the extra money on hand for the inevitable day he's going to have to bail his daughter out of jail.

Another idea that popped in my mind. What if Al's doing some kind of parody medley? One piece would be "Don't Download This Song" and the other piece a song about girls, and maybe another piece a song about cats, and so on. That would explain the different animators. Each one could be animating a different song in the video.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Well if its true, then that is awesome. I dont know how he would do the harmonies though. It makes sense that he could have guests sing on the album, but are we forgetting the most important part of the Al experience? The concert. How could Al pull off performing this song during a show? The easy answer is he wont, but if its a single, then I don't see how he could get away with not doing it. And secondly, I kinda hope it isnt true. How many songs have been done about Napster and the like in the last 5 years? If he did the song on Poodle Hat, that would be different. I think he kind of missed the boat on this topic. Not that it wouldnt be funny, just untimely. I hope that it will all work out for him though. And if Bill Plympton is on board for this project, it should be great! But it would be weird if both spoilers were for different songs, two animated videos for one album would be a bit over the top, I think.
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ