Don't Download This Song

Moderator: Moderators

SmileyGirl87
Off The Deep End

Post by SmileyGirl87 »

No one could do TiTC like Al, agreed? ;)

Now, about DDTS... :F

~*Cat*~
Straight Outta Lynwood:

Not a speck of gristle.
Insert Coin(s) to Continue
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Insert Coin(s) to Continue »

SmileyGirl87 @ Oct 3 2006, 06:43 AM wrote: No one could do TiTC like Al, agreed? ;)
I don't know. MadTV's TitC spoof was great -- almost as good as Al's.
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
http://caneandrinse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SmileyGirl87
Off The Deep End

Post by SmileyGirl87 »

iisryan27 @ Oct 3 2006, 12:27 PM wrote: I don't know. MadTV's TitC spoof was great -- almost as good as Al's.
Didn't see that one...:S

I think if Al had a video to go along with the video...there'd be no question..;)

~*Cat*~
Straight Outta Lynwood:

Not a speck of gristle.
Moose
Occasional

Post by Moose »

Haha, I just watched the video for this on VH1.com, and they bleeped out the names of all the file-sharing programs like Kazaa and Limewire. That just strikes me as . . . odd.
SmileyGirl87
Off The Deep End

Post by SmileyGirl87 »

Heaven forbid poor low-budget vh1 have to worry about paying for rights...watch W&N, you'll miss the lovely Gap logo for presumably the same reason...:rolleyes:

~*Cat*~
Straight Outta Lynwood:

Not a speck of gristle.
TheMeccaOfAlbinoPoodles
Off The Deep End

Post by TheMeccaOfAlbinoPoodles »

Y'know, I notice that on the DVD the quality of the DDTS video instantly rises.
Now it's brilliant.
The Office: NBC, Thursdays at 9.
If you're not watching, you're doing yourself great injustice.
SmileyGirl87
Off The Deep End

Post by SmileyGirl87 »

I noticed that too, I haven't watched the DDTS video since it was released online, and it certainly does look nicer on the DVD..:)

~*Cat*~
Straight Outta Lynwood:

Not a speck of gristle.
WayMark27

Post by WayMark27 »

This was mentioned earlier, but I'd like to touch on it myself. The other night, I was in bed listening to SOL(I always have music playing, it helps me relax/sleep) and DDTS was playing. And at the end, I sat straight up in bed. "Honey...Al just called me a bastard."

"That's nice dear." was all she could reply with. So I played it back for her to clearly hear and she, like me, found it hilarious.

I don't think anyone should worry about the "swear" too much. If 'bastard' is the most vulgar Al gets, then it's a non-issue. Sure, he's said 'hell' before, but nothing directly worse than that.

Personally, I like the touch because it further extends that the song is from the money-grubbing-look-at-me artist's POV. And Lars would be one to say that people who download w/o paying are indeed cheap bastards.

Just a thought..
the8thark
Occasional

Post by the8thark »

I second that. The little extras AL ad's to each chorus like the "Just buy it" and "You cheap bastard". Really turn the song into something great. The icing on an already great cake. You can really hear these little extras great on the naked SOL, DDTS (Acapella) elsewhere on this forum.
Larry
Occasional

Post by Larry »

lol I"m a moron, I thought it said "you might wind up in jail like Tommy Shaw". i.e. the guy from Styx. After reading this thread I realize it's Tommy Chong. LOL that makes a lot more sense.
<--That's Al going up the escalator.

Now tell me who's this Paul