Don't Download This Song

Moderator: Moderators

Insert Coin(s) to Continue
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Insert Coin(s) to Continue »

What makes us think that this song is going to be about a cat, all of the sudden? Just because we saw some sketches that could, very well, be background characters? With only two frames of animation for the cat, it is far from our position to be labeling it as a main character.
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
http://caneandrinse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

spacedingo @ Dec 18 2005, 10:56 PM wrote: Maybe it's not We Are the World. I would imagine Plympton was placed under the same gag order as the other animator, so maybe he just threw We are the World out there.
Although it fits perfectly with the chorus of "Don't Funk with My Heart," I highly doubt this would be the parody. As we've analyzed before, Al rarely uses a parodied title for the titles of parodies anymore. In fact there's not a single song on PH which can be identified simply from the title.
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

Um. Wow.

I'm going with Jeremy's suggestion on this.
http://nuclearbubblewrap.bandcamp.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Al's #27 fan
Obsessed

Post by Al's #27 fan »

Bruce the Duck @ Dec 18 2005, 07:59 PM wrote: In fact there's not a single song on PH which can be identified simply from the title.
A Complicated Song.
Begone, foul beast!
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Well, yeah, but the title isn't a DIRECT parody of the title of the original, syllable for syllable, like his older songs.

EDIT: BTW, here's a taste of something similar to what we MIGHT be seeing in 2006:
queen_and_weirdal_fan
Obsessed

Post by queen_and_weirdal_fan »

Sounds strange about all of this....I don't know what to think. It would be funny if it had the word Hooligan in it! :lol:

We Are The World comes from 1985, and it's the American Finale for Band Aid, as Do They Know It's Christmas? is it for the British Finale for Band Aid. I don't know if they performed We Are The World at Live 8, but if they did, then I would see why he would have a reason to parody it.

:D
I'm simple like this, just as simple can be.
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

spacedingo @ Dec 18 2005, 02:45 PM wrote: Well, with We Are The World being a star musician collabaration, maybe we could have a star animator collabaration
That would certainly be frickin' awesome, as there are definitely more than enough nowadays (JibJab, Nick Park, Parker/Stone...heck Bruce Timm for that matter).

As for the "We are the World" news, if it's accurate, I'm not sure how I'm feeling about it as the target just yet. It sounds like a cool idea, but it seems a bit outdated for what will be one of the big singles (I would hardly put it in the same "uberclassic" league as "American Pie" or "Piano Man"). Oh well, here's hoping either way. :)
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
thatoneguy
Obsessed

Post by thatoneguy »

Bruce the Duck @ Dec 18 2005, 07:31 PM wrote: I'd love to hear anybody's guesses on the lyrics of the chorus.
I posted mine on the previous page:

Don't download this song, unless you have money.
Don't download this song, or I'll call my attorney.

Al and and Frankie Yankovic did a polka medley of all the tunes nominated for record of the year for the 1986 Grammys, and We Are the World was one of the songs. I'm sure you've all seen the video at Gumby's Al-oholics Anonymous page. I just wanted to point out the other Al/We Are the World reference.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

thatoneguy @ Dec 19 2005, 07:07 AM wrote: I posted mine on the previous page:

Don't download this song, unless you have money.
Don't download this song, or I'll call my attorney.
That's possible, but not probable. "Don't download this song" doesn't really sound right in place of "We are the world" in the chorus. I was thinking something more like this:

"We write the words
We write the music
We need the cash to put our kids through school
So please don't steal it
It's a choice you're making
To cheat us of our pay"

Um...that's all I got. I know it sucks, but just a thought.
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

I was totally thinking Christian Rock Hard when I heard the news (Going with my animator jam theory, maybe Trey and Matt can do the whiney celebs :P )
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?