Straight Outta Lynwood

Moderator: Moderators

Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Dumb n00b for Al @ Jul 22 2006, 01:09 PM wrote: I know, my mom saw the splash page for the first time and she said, "Who is that guy? Is he a Mexican rapper or something?" :blink: She, as you may imagine, has seen quite a number of Weird Al pictures coming from my direction.
:lol: That's hilarious! He does look a LITTLE hispanic in that picture, I suppose. :lol:
MEGATRON

Post by MEGATRON »

lol, my dad thought he was arabic for like half a second. then he smacked himself and said... wait a minute, that Al
weirdalfan95
Obsessed

Post by weirdalfan95 »

Bruce the Duck @ Jul 22 2006, 01:04 PM wrote: Heck, even Eminem says he wouldn't let his daughter listen to his music.
Off topic, but does Eminem even have Explicit content warnings? I have Encore, but it doesn't have any sort of Explicit content warning. Though I do have a few CDs with the warning.

On topic: The CD should be awesome. Although a fake warning sticker would be funny, it'd probably effect CD sales.... Cause though there's a lot of Die hard fans and know Al doesn't swear in his songs, there are probably some new Al fans that heard misslabeled Al songs and would think Al would swear. And I think I used Italic code quote a few times... No more "I" code.
Al- Team #2294
August 19, 2007 Waukegan IL Genessee Theater
lookatthenumbersinIandlaugh
Obsessed

Post by lookatthenumbersinIandlaugh »

possibly instead of the normal colored sticker...we could have a plaid one, still saying parody advisory, but the color wouldn't make it as much of a threat
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

weirdalfan95 @ Jul 22 2006, 03:34 PM wrote: Off topic, but does Eminem even have Explicit content warnings? I have Encore, but it doesn't have any sort of Explicit content warning. Though I do have a few CDs with the warning.
That's probably a "clean version" you have. Many CDs that have "explicit content" have an alternative release with that content edited.
Fool on the Hill

Post by Fool on the Hill »

I thought the License plate was interesting with the usual "27" reference, but I'm assuming the letters are his daughter's initials. Anyway, I think it's pretty funny and I'm pretty excited for September 26.
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

Fool on the Hill @ Jul 22 2006, 05:35 PM wrote: I thought the License plate was interesting with the usual "27" reference, but I'm assuming the letters are his daughter's initials. Anyway, I think it's pretty funny and I'm pretty excited for September 26.
As has been mentioned in a few different threads, Nick Yankovic's initials were NLY, so we're pretty sure it's a tribute to him.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
Squirrelygirl
Obsessed

Post by Squirrelygirl »

As has been mentioned in a few different threads, Nick Yankovic's initials were NLY, so we're pretty sure it's a tribute to him.

And the 027 is a reference to his mother's birthday (Feb. 7th, which is also his friend Emo Philips' birthdate.)

I'm still not sure why the car appears so flattened out. I understand "low-riders", but that looks like it was squirshed by a falling building. Is it a Camero?

And the sky backdrop is undoubtedly artificial. You can't find cloud-filled skies in like that in Los Angeles, just white, smog filled haze.
AL! You ATE Harvey!? YOU ATE HARVEY/??!!
Fool on the Hill

Post by Fool on the Hill »

Kevbo1987 @ Jul 22 2006, 11:09 PM wrote: As has been mentioned in a few different threads, Nick Yankovic's initials were NLY, so we're pretty sure it's a tribute to him.
Ah ha. That makes sense. I'm new here so maybe you can excuse me. I'll check around for that sort of thing in the future.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Squirrelygirl @ Jul 22 2006, 05:28 PM wrote:
And the 027 is a reference to his mother's birthday (Feb. 7th, which is also his friend Emo Philips' birthdate.)

I'm still not sure why the car appears so flattened out. I understand "low-riders", but that looks like it was squirshed by a falling building. Is it a Camero?

And the sky backdrop is undoubtedly artificial. You can't find cloud-filled skies in like that in Los Angeles, just white, smog filled haze.
Well, I don't know if you've been reading the spoiler forum, but Ryan had some really good insight in there about how rappers often distort the colors for effect and that may explain the clouds.

I think the same thing about the car. It looks really small for some reason. It may be the angle at which the picture was taken, though. I'm not sure. I'd like to see some behind the scenes pictures from this photo shoot. It might explain a lot.