Straight Outta Lynwood

Moderator: Moderators

Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

Bob Rozga @ Oct 24 2006, 12:46 AM wrote: So if I were to order SOL from amazon.ca (or whatever Canada's Amazon is), is that what I'd get--2 discs rather than a dualdisc? I think I like that better.
I ordered from amazon.ca and I got the U.S. DualDisc. <_< So, if you want the CD and DVD combo, order from somewhere else.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
Kristine
Off The Deep End

Post by Kristine »

Elvis @ Oct 24 2006, 03:20 PM wrote: I ordered from amazon.ca and I got the U.S. DualDisc. <_< So, if you want the CD and DVD combo, order from somewhere else.

Dave
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA that sucks
http://www.kristinekreations.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NOW CASTING: Perform This Way, A WOWAY Fan Video
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

Poor Dave. I wonder where the separate discs would be available then...Hmmm.

Oh! I could ask the casual Al friend I have that lives in Canada. She might go look for me!
"Mr. Kim, we're Starfleet officers. Weird is just part of the job." -Captain Janeway
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

Elvis @ Oct 24 2006, 07:20 PM wrote: I ordered from amazon.ca and I got the U.S. DualDisc.  <_<
Eww, sorry to hear about that, Dave.

I had a feeling that was going to happen. Both Amazon and Amazon.ca use the same product code for SOL (as in Amazon's own catalog code, not the catalog number on the album itself), so it looked like there was never a guarantee that Amazon.ca would in fact ship out the Canadian version. It's probably very likely that for a number of products they simply use the same warehouse as normal Amazon does.

And of course what sucks is that a lot of other online shops based out of Canada (such as Futureshop) do not ship to the United States.
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

Well, look at this. Talk about confusing. It says number of discs: 1, but the track listing lists Disc 1 and Disc 2. I could download music illegally when I see stuff like that.
taste is only something if it is yours.
Kristine
Off The Deep End

Post by Kristine »

Amazon just doesn't have a template for multi-SIDED discs... so instead of saying "CD side" and "DVD side" its read as Disc 1 and 2. Notice the part where it says "Format: Import" meaning its the DualDisc from the US.

Edit: Hey, scroll down to the "customers who bought this also bought.."
U.H.F. [1989] DVD ~ Victoria Jackson
huh?? lol.

CatraDhtem @ Oct 24 2006, 09:26 PM wrote: Eww, sorry to hear about that, Dave.

I had a feeling that was going to happen. Both Amazon and Amazon.ca use the same product code for SOL (as in Amazon's own catalog code, not the catalog number on the album itself), so it looked like there was never a guarantee that Amazon.ca would in fact ship out the Canadian version. It's probably very likely that for a number of products they simply use the same warehouse as normal Amazon does.

And of course what sucks is that a lot of other online shops based out of Canada (such as Futureshop) do not ship to the United States.
Maybe when the German one comes out, I can order it from the Amazon Germany site. Wouldn't that be awesome? It will be the split discs, and with German packaging!! ... Well, I think its cool.
Kristine
Off The Deep End

Post by Kristine »

*sorry, double post*
KnottyEmily
Obsessed

Post by KnottyEmily »

My friend just got the US version in the mail yesterday....but don't worry, he hasn't been SOL free for almost a month, I made him a copy of my Australian copy [but not the DVD].

I didn't feel bad about doing this because I knew he had ordered a copy. He is going to make me a copy of the US DVD side, but I'm going to buy it anyway, so it's all good 8)
The tsunami of immediacy will wash away the flood of grief, and reveal a layer of naive optimism underneath
The Lilac Pilgrim
Addicted

Post by The Lilac Pilgrim »

If you search for SOL on amazon.co.uk, it provides you with three different products - American Import (that says [Import], Australian Import (that tells you (CD + DVD)) and another import that says nothing.
"We're going to the beach to ride a camel on the sun." ~ Irwin Sparkes (I did a search on my signature because I can't remember where it comes from, other than Irwin Sparkes. These forums are the third result. This is my legacy, friends.)
da_dom
Occasional

Post by da_dom »

The Lilac Pilgrim @ Oct 25 2006, 02:04 PM wrote: If you search for SOL on amazon.co.uk, it provides you with three different products - American Import (that says [Import], Australian Import (that tells you (CD + DVD)) and another import that says nothing.
It says at HMV it will be released on 13th nov as does the advert