Confessions Part III

Moderator: Moderators

CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

weird27 @ Jul 19 2006, 11:30 AM wrote: The Obligatory Al page confirms:  Yeah! WILL BE PARODIED (*TITLE UNKNOWN*)
No offense, but that's not a confirmation.
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

I really don't think that website is at all valid. They've just cultivated the information that we already have and made some guesses about the rest.
WeirdAbbott
Off The Deep End

Post by WeirdAbbott »

iisryan27 @ Jul 18 2006, 02:35 PM wrote: I used "Yams" for my Yeah parody.
I used Toledo. Doesn't rhyme at all.

Anyway... with "Yeah" and "BoBD", since there is no title (as much I would like this to happen) I don't think it'll be on the album.
amiright.com/parody/authors/abbottskelding.shtml
youtube.com/WeirdAbbott
facebook.com/TheAbbottSkelding
soundclick.com/TheAbbottSkelding
facebook.com/AbbottSkeldingDesign
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Well, we did have the bulletin from Chamillionaire telling us there would be Green Day and Usher parodies, so that still could be true. We just can't be sure which songs. This link to a so-called track list for ALbum 12 sounds fishy to me as well.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

I finally tracked down a copy of "Yeah" and it turns out that I've heard the song before at the gym, but never paid it much attention. I tried listening to it now, and... well, I couldn't get through the whole thing. :unsure:

So, if Al parodies this song, I hope his version is listenable. But at this point, I wouldn't mind at all if he picked another Usher song to parody instead.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
TheMeccaOfAlbinoPoodles
Off The Deep End

Post by TheMeccaOfAlbinoPoodles »

Elvis @ Jul 22 2006, 10:25 PM wrote: I finally tracked down a copy of "Yeah" and it turns out that I've heard the song before at the gym, but never paid it much attention. I tried listening to it now, and... well, I couldn't get through the whole thing. :unsure:

So, if Al parodies this song, I hope his version is listenable. But at this point, I wouldn't mind at all if he picked another Usher song to parody instead.

Dave
Said the man who just despised Trash Day.
OFF TOPIC BUT RELATING TO AL:
I see where you're coming from- it's even duller on stage. But then again, Westbury/North Fork is a very small, revolving stage.

ON TOPIC, RELATING TO THIS USHER PARODY:
Dear Al,
Please make the 'Yeah' parody (if it IS that) listenable. If not, next summer I'll be the one holding my ears.
The Office: NBC, Thursdays at 9.
If you're not watching, you're doing yourself great injustice.
Insert Coin(s) to Continue
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Insert Coin(s) to Continue »

While Usher was pretty big about a year ago, Al tends to parody only the most popular songs of the time. I think, if any song, he would parody "Yeah", solely because it was so huge. Usher's other songs don't own up to the popularity of "Yeah". Think of "Lose Yourself" and "Ridin". Even "Caught Up" feels tiny beside those.

Oh, and, Mecca, I don't know what you're talking about, but "Yeah" is a great song.
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
http://caneandrinse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Friz
Occasional

Post by Friz »

I wrote a parody of "Yeah" about a guy getting his hair cut. It was well recieved on amiright.com. I think.
Friz.

A UK Al Fan. I mainly lurk.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

iisryan27 @ Jul 24 2006, 03:06 PM wrote: While Usher was pretty big about a year ago, Al tends to parody only the most popular songs of the time. I think, if any song, he would parody "Yeah", solely because it was so huge. Usher's other songs don't own up to the popularity of "Yeah". Think of "Lose Yourself" and "Ridin". Even "Caught Up" feels tiny beside those.

Oh, and, Mecca, I don't know what you're talking about, but "Yeah" is a great song.
That's a good point. Al usually parodies the most popular songs of popular artists. "Lose Yourself" probably wasn't Em's biggest hit, but his other big hits already had a comedy slant to them so it would have been silly to parody them. But "Hot in Herrre" is certainly a prime example.

I personally can't stand "Caught Up." I usually turn the station whenever it comes on. So I'm hoping it's "Yeah" that gets parodied. I don't really like Usher very much AT ALL, but at least on "Yeah," there's Ludacris and Lil John, making it more of a rap song than Uhser's usual snooze-fests.
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

I hope "Yeah!" is the target song, too. It's the most recognizable of Usher's songs (even to a non-fan like me), and there's a lot of comedy potential with all the changes in tone (Usher's smooth jam to Ludacris' borderline-misogynist rap, not to mention all of Lil John's "vocal stylings" in the background). Could be funny stuff.

But I still can't figure out what the parody could possibly be! There aren't too many places where you can take "Yeah!", but then I'm simply a mere mortal. Al will make it look easy.

Meadows
Your Horoscope For Today: Try to avoid any Virgos or Leos with the Ebola virus.