Close But No Cigar

Moderator: Moderators

Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

At the camp I was just at, one day I was editing on of my movies in the computer lab. A kid sitting a few computers away from me was laughing really hard. I turned around to see what was funny, and I saw that he was watching clips of Joe Dirt on YouTube. Then I got in a small argument with him and a few other kids in the lab about wether it was a good movie or not.
And Peggy
ducttapeearth
Obsessed

Post by ducttapeearth »

That is why I am not at camp.
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

I like Joe Dirt.
taste is only something if it is yours.
childofthespiral
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by childofthespiral »

Hope you don't own it on DVD :lol:

I also think this is the best animated video on SOL, but White and Nerdy is better. (*wishing there'd be just 1 more live action video*)
mind=blown
Oh, the secrets we keep
JEDM
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by JEDM »

childofthespiral @ Jul 8 2007, 08:51 PM wrote: White and Nerdy is better
:rolleyes: Duh! :rolleyes:
Muldernscully
Addicted

Post by Muldernscully »

Close But No Cigar is a great song, but the music video is too risque for my tastes. I'm surprised Al allowed it, being the "family" man that he is.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Not only allowed it, but did the animatic.
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
M_Robertcop
Addicted

Post by M_Robertcop »

Well being an animator I did like this video, however my favorite Animated video for SOL is either "Virus Alert" or "I'll Sue Ya."

I too thought... while I like this video, what about the rest of Al's audience, knowing that there are a lot of families and kids. I haven't heard many complaints about it and while he does perform the song in concert, he doesn't show any clips from the video.

Not only allowed it, but did the animatic.

Doing the Animatic aka the Leica reel, only means he edited the storyboards together with the music as a film (no animation yet).

It's very possible that what Al edited together on storyboards was a bit different from the actual animation, that happens quite often, since there isn't any actual animation in the Leica reel.
You're gonna take a walk in the rain and you're gonna get wet... I predict.
childofthespiral
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by childofthespiral »

Muldernscully @ Jul 9 2007, 11:56 AM wrote: Close But No Cigar is a great song, but the music video is too risque for my tastes. I'm surprised Al allowed it, being the "family" man that he is.
ehh. It's downright tame compared to most of the music videos on tv these days. If people don't want their kids watching the CBNC video, they shouldn't let them.
mind=blown
Oh, the secrets we keep
Muldernscully
Addicted

Post by Muldernscully »

childofthespiral @ Jul 9 2007, 09:33 PM wrote: ehh. It's downright tame compared to most of the music videos on tv these days. If people don't want their kids watching the CBNC video, they shouldn't let them.
That is true. Much tamer. I don't allow my kids to watch this video. I much prefer them to watch weasel's being stomped on violently.