New Album Neurosis (and Re-intro)

Moderator: Moderators

jbracciante
Addicted

Post by jbracciante »

Sigh, If things had went well with Atlantic Records, We'd be getting the brand new Weird Al CD this very morning. On The flipside we get one or two extra songs now.
07: 5/5, 8/6
08: 7/9, 7/11
09: Al Fest 8/1, Al's Brain 8/2
10: 6/17, 6/19, 6/25, 6/27, 9/4
11: 5/19, 5/20, 5/21, 7/13
12: 5/11
15: 6/13, 6/16, 7/31
16: 9/23
18: 3/16
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

jbracciante @ Jun 27 2006, 06:15 AM wrote: Sigh, If things had went well with Atlantic Records, We'd be getting the brand new Weird Al CD this very morning. On The flipside we get one or two extra songs now.
Two?
Your Horoscope For Today: Try to avoid any Virgos or Leos with the Ebola virus.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Well we have come to the conclusion that there is only 4 parodies recorded for the album, plus a polka and 6 originals. And now that Your Pitiful is off the album, that makes it 3 so hes going to record another, which essentially makes YP a bonus song An original heavy album is yay for us, but parodies are what sells. So Al may find two songs he really wants to parody, which means from there will be two "extra" songs.
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

Yeah and besides, only 4 parodies? That'd be crazy.
http://nuclearbubblewrap.bandcamp.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jake
Occasional

Post by Jake »

I haven't read all the posts in this topic so this point may already have been made sorry.

It seems very likely to me that Al will have to rush the album out with a new quick filler track.

The reason.

Because Al's album will sell based on the parodies it's important to get the album out as close to the originals as possible. If for arguments sake al did wait until 07 to put out the album it would sell very badly as the hit songs parodied would have been replaced with new songs many times over.

In my opinion Al has indeed hit a snag but it shouldn't delay the album by more than a month or two really.
KnottyEmily
Obsessed

Post by KnottyEmily »

shouldn't, but could....I'm sure Al wants the album out asap, but there are clearly factors that are beyond his control. He has to get permission from the artists that he wants to parody, and there's a chance that could cause delays as Al would probably want to be 127% CERTAIN that he has undeniable permission. If one [or both :o ] of the artists says no, then Al will have to find someone else to parody. Then there's the release of TWAS, set for august, and I don't think releasing the album at the same time would be a good idea....I highly doubt it will be released in 2007, but it will be close, maybe october
The tsunami of immediacy will wash away the flood of grief, and reveal a layer of naive optimism underneath
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

I'd like to think at least by September. We'll see, I guess.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

So according to the latest Ask Al, he isn't planning on touring until NEXT summer "no matter what happens" with the new album! Does this mean he doesn't expect the album to come out until closer to NEXT summer, or could it still conceivably be released in the next two or three months? I don't want to wait another year!!!!

He was too vague about the album in the new Ask Al. That scares me.

Meadows
:(
Your Horoscope For Today: Try to avoid any Virgos or Leos with the Ebola virus.
Squirrelygirl
Obsessed

Post by Squirrelygirl »

Sounded like he was also responding to the DA / Albuquerque thread regarding style parodies.

Well, at least I can go ahead make my vacation plans for the rest of this year.

:(
AL! You ATE Harvey!? YOU ATE HARVEY/??!!
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

Squirrelygirl @ Jun 28 2006, 12:58 PM wrote: Well, at least I can go ahead make my vacation plans for the rest of this year. :(
I already did. That's why I'm OK with the current Al situation. Although I still hope the new CD comes out sooner rather than later.
This means something. This is important.