New Album Neurosis (and Re-intro)

Moderator: Moderators

TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

OE, I will concede your point. I still think BHD was a much bigger hit as Amish Paradise punctured the pop realm more than either RWS single, but platinum is platinum. Either way, seven years is still a while and I don't think Al would want to make any mistakes like the Eminem situation which would lead to less success. I'd much rather wait for Al to get the perfect chance for a huge hit than to get a quick album with a sub-par parody. You know with this wait Al is going to have a killer new album.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Cinnamon
Obsessed

Post by Cinnamon »

You still have a good point, though, TMBJon. The quickness of BHD going gold/ platinum helped define it as a smash success, as well. RWS wasn't too far behind, was it?

Yankovic Farley Posted on Jun 28 2006, 10:09 PM
  ...being so close to an album and having that juicy comedy carrot dangled in front of us . . .

:lol: True. Anyone have $27,000 laying around? Oh, wait! What year was that? Prices have probably gone up.
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

After having album-besetting problems with lead-parody original artists (or their peeps) on TWO albums in a row, Al undeniably deserves a smash hit. By any definition.
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
Patrick
Die-hard Fan

Post by Patrick »

Orthography Enthusiast @ Jul 3 2006, 09:52 PM wrote: After having album-besetting problems with lead-parody original artists (or their peeps) on TWO albums in a row, Al undeniably deserves a smash hit. By any definition.
Lets just hope that Al does indeed get his come-uppance in respect to that. And, just think, BHD sold as well as it did without a video. RWS had at least two that I can think off of the top of my head, and didn't sell as well. Here's hoping that perhaps with a marketable single (and subsequent video) that the fourthcoming album can become a multi-platinum hit. :)
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Um, BHD did indeed have a video. Two, in fact. Amish Paradise and Gump.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Patrick
Die-hard Fan

Post by Patrick »

Yeah, I got my albums mixed up, I was thinking Poodle Hat but typed BHD. :lookaround:
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Well, Poodle Hat wasn't as big a success as it could have been, but it did earn Al a third Grammy. Let's just keep our fingers crossed that album 12 does very well.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Dumb N00b
Obsessed

Post by Dumb N00b »

Very, very well. Amen to that.
Dave? Hello Dave? Is Dave there? There's a block in your t'ilet.
The Ice Cream Man

Post by The Ice Cream Man »

I would be surprised if there wasn't a parody of Green Day on the album. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if he had a parody of American Idiot titled "American Idol" It's just such an obvious parody!

Anyways if you go to weirdal.com it looks like it's coming out 9/26/06