New Album Neurosis (and Re-intro)

Moderator: Moderators

Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

I'm also worried, mrmeadows. The lack of a lead parody has the been the cause of an album delay at least a few times in Al's career. Al now has to look for a song that's big enough to run as his lead parody. I think there are several big songs out there, but Al has to decide that a certain song is big enough. I'm sure he'll find an excellent song to target for a parody, but who knows when that will be. We could be looking at a substantial delay, though Al did say in the Ask Al in which he broke the news to us about the "silly record label politics" that the album would for sure come out sometime this year. That makes me think that he at least already has a notion about what song will be his lead parody. Still, the permission process might take longer than usual because Al will obviously want to be positive beyond all doubt that he has the green light for the new song. Anyway, I'm going to be optimistic and say that we will still see the album this year, though it might be a lot later than initially expected.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

What worries me about the album coming out late is that Al will miss (or has already missed) the prime touring season. He plays lots of outdoor venues in parts of the country that, frankly, only have a narrow timeframe of favorable weather. Not to mention his fans having to go to bed early because they have school the next day.
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Well maybe he can start touring in Canada this winter. Its always cold there anyways, they wont mind. And who knows, Al may just bump up his second single to number 1. This could be the album that is all A-list material. Not that they arent all A-list, but this could be a very big hit friendly album. He could have Green Day, Gwen Stefani and Black Eyed Peas on there anyway.
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

Al could easily still begin touring when the album comes out. He's been on tour several times during the fall/winter and he hasn't seemed to have much of a problem finding venues. He could tour indoor venues, and then also do a tour next summer so he can hit all of the regular outdoor venues.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
WeirdAce
Occasional

Post by WeirdAce »

Man I hate Had a bad day....it drives me nutts...The RHCP has Dannie California or what evver but a new RHCP isnt really what i'd want to hear...

Besides the video is pretty much shot cuz the kinda spoof other artists themselves...

There just isnt any really good songs out right now ;P
Whatinthe27
Occasional

Post by Whatinthe27 »

Man I hate Had a bad day....it drives me nutts...The RHCP has Dannie California or what evver but a new RHCP isnt really what i'd want to hear...

Yeah, and i hated the New Kids on the Block and Back Street Boys, but I loved The White Stuff and Ebay.... It's just an example of how Al doing a parody of someone can allow the part of you that kind of likes something about the song finally enjoy it.
As for RHCP, California is a good song, but it's just not as popular or catchy hit as Under the Bridge or Give it Away.
I still think Kanye West's Gold Digger was big enough to be the best choice for a lead off parody.
Moose
Occasional

Post by Moose »

So, if "You're Pitiful" was the only song holding this album back, does that mean we were going to get an eleven song album this time around? I know it's happened before, but . . . . Well, I'm greedy. I want all the Al I can get! Here's hoping he finds a way to put together a couple more songs for us.
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

Moose @ Jun 13 2006, 09:59 PM wrote: So, if "You're Pitiful" was the only song holding this album back, does that mean we were going to get an eleven song album this time around?
Yeah, it looks like.

Although granted when the "eleven" completed tracks were first announced the news was a bit vague as to whether or not anything else was going to be produced for the album. But by the time some other news showed up about the mastering it seemed pretty apparent that the recording part of the album was all done.
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

If Al has to go back into the studio to record one more song, he might just record one more song.
Think about it: when the Blunt hold-up was happening, the site said they weren't sure if they were going to record a 12th song but pretty much hinted that they were going to. Perhaps Al was waiting to hear back from a completely different artist?
Once "You're Pitiful" was released, the site said he was definitely going back to the studio. One song short? Maybe we'll go back in. Two song short? No question.
I'd say it's more likely Al's working on writing/getting permission for a new song to parody and then will head in to record the last two songs. Around that time, we'll probably get word on a release date.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

TMBJon @ Jun 13 2006, 08:19 PM wrote: the site said they weren't sure if they were going to record a 12th song but pretty much hinted that they were going to.
Did they? I thought they just said that Al had recorded and mixed 11 songs, and that they weren't sure if the album was finished yet (which we now know was due to the "Pitiful" eleventh-hour plug-pulling by Atlantic Records). I take that to mean that Al had intended the album to be complete with those 11 songs, but now that YP is out, he's down to 10 songs on the album and needs to record a replacement parody. A replacement LEAD parody, at that.

This actually works out well for us, because if we count YP (which we have all downloaded), it would KINDA be like getting a 12-song album. Or at least, we will have 12 new songs by Al to listen to and enjoy until the next album comes down the pike. If Atlantic hadn't stepped in, we would have only had 11 new Al songs.*

Meadows

*I'm not necessarily GLAD Atlantic pulled this garbage on Al (and us). . .I'm just trying to look on the bright side.
Your Horoscope For Today: Try to avoid any Virgos or Leos with the Ebola virus.