Album mastered in 5.1 surround sound

Moderator: Moderators

CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

Jigawatt @ May 23 2006, 03:45 PM wrote: I really think Tony's on to something... the guy started off merely being uneducated about Al, but the second he realized he could snare some extra traffic because of it, he stepped it up to a ridiculous level of stupidity.
Well then, we can all not give him the satisfaction and just stop going to the site, right? He's clearly getting off on the increased attention (his blog must not be that popular otherwise), so why feed it? Let him be a snob at the bottom rung of the music news ladder.
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

I went just once more to see what he had to say to our Tony Danza. The guy is already pretty lame with the lame names he has for Al. Now, he proves how uneducated he really is by misspelling a few words. Anyway, I probably won't go back any more. The next time I post in here will be once we get more news/spoilers.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Jigawatt
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Moderator: 2010
Former Multi-Time Best Avatar (Non-Photo): 2003-2009
Best Avatar: 2015

Post by Jigawatt »

CatraDhtem @ May 23 2006, 05:24 PM wrote: Well then, we can all not give him the satisfaction and just stop going to the site, right? He's clearly getting off on the increased attention (his blog must not be that popular otherwise), so why feed it? Let him be a snob at the bottom rung of the music news ladder.
Quoted for truth!

It's time to let him troll his own web site in peace.

Adrian
"Then you had Muppets and Hispanics and William Shatner."

PMFL!
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

Haha. That was amusing.

Well, he doesn't like Weird Al. So what. It doesn't matter.

So anyway. About that 5.1 surround sound mix...
http://nuclearbubblewrap.bandcamp.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
KnottyEmily
Obsessed

Post by KnottyEmily »

Don't you realize that his originality is merely based on re-rhyming others art?

sorry, but i had to comment on that, i couldn't help myself
The tsunami of immediacy will wash away the flood of grief, and reveal a layer of naive optimism underneath
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

I agree with Greg. Let's stop giving this guy any more hits on his blog. It's time for him to continue being a disrespectful know-nothing without an audience. Oh, and Tony, I'm sorry for doubting you. I'm glad to see you jumped to the defense of our boy and I really liked what you said.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

Can you go back and delete anything you may have posted? Then the guy will look even more like an ass for arguing with himself.
This means something. This is important.
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Ok, so I'm posting in here once more. My comment isn't linked anymore. I'm not sure if anyone else can delete their comments, but it would be pretty funny if at least half of them were gone. Oy, there's even someone in there who says she's a Ron Wheeler fan. It's evident, because she lacks the ability to spell, or even write out a complete word. She uses numbers instead. How annoying. She must be such a joy to be around. :rolleyes:
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Kevbo1987 @ May 23 2006, 07:34 PM wrote: . Oh, and Tony, I'm sorry for doubting you. I'm glad to see you jumped to the defense of our boy and I really liked what you said.
I never doubted it for a second. 8) Praise Danza!!!

I'd just like to say I never went to said blog. I don't give people like that the satisfaction or the time of day. Saves me some grey hairs (Lord knows my personal life will give me enough)

So did we ever figure out why the guy even cared to talk about this? Does he work at the studio or something?
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

spacedingo @ May 23 2006, 09:22 PM wrote: So did we ever figure out why the guy even cared to talk about this?  Does he work at the studio or something?
Either that (I imagine he's probably the studio assistant from the movie "Pod People") or he has a source at the studio. So far the news hasn't turned up in anyone else's blog, so he either was there or was able to con someone who works there into thinking he's an actual music journalist.

If it's the former, then really he just sounds like one of those little sniveling peons one finds all over Los Angeles or New York who feel that their internships at these mastering studios, with their supposed low-brow clientele, are mere roadblocks to their lifelong dream of one day producing the next Gorillaz or Black Eyed Peas. "Man, I can't believe I have to mop up after Depeche Mode! What hacks!"

Either way, mark my words, we will one day see Ron Wheeler's name in "Rolling Stone," that is as soon as they start carrying either classifieds or hobo obituaries.

But anyway, enough with all the Robert Hilburn wannabes out there. Let's talk about the news itself.

The possibilities for 5.1 are actually quite great. Back when DVD-Audios were out with this feature, a number of albums actually had optional commentaries on the tracks by the artist. Maybe stuff like that might be a little complex to try for his first time out, but hey, if Al remixes the next album in 5.1, he'll definitely have some room to play around in.
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;