Straight Outta Print?

Moderator: Moderators

Straight Outta Print?

Postby Teridax » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:45 am

Is there any particular reason that this is Al's only studio album that can no longer be purchased in any physical retail format? It was popular, and it's one of his newer albums, so why? Is it because it's DualDisc format, which makes it more expensive to manufacture?
Teridax
Occasional

Liked in: 0 post

Re: Straight Outta Print?

Postby RunningWithScissors » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:29 am

I don't know, and didn't know it was out of print, so I'm just assuming, but my assumption would be its because of it being a dual disc, and I don't think they make those anymore. Theoretically they should just be able to print the CD with just the audio side, but they would have to change the cover on the back too.

(I wish more CDs would have had a dual disc and had a Karaoke option...)
RunningWithScissors
Occasional

Postby Yankomaniac » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:32 pm

Wow, that's odd. I bought mine at West Edmonton Mall in '06, I think the day it came out. Still works fine, I guess I best keep it working then.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Postby Teridax » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:31 am

Yep. I had to buy a used copy on eBay. Note: this is the best way to buy it. Amazon Marketplace sellers overcharge. The last I checked, the cheapest option was around $45 for a used copy.
Teridax
Occasional

Return to Straight Outta Lynwood