Dualdisc Video Chit Chat

Moderator: Moderators

Dumb N00b
Obsessed

Post by Dumb N00b »

True, and this all got started with my wondering if he could crank an animated music video out in a few months (way back when we didn't expect another CD till maybe next year), and everyone saying it'd have to be South Park-esque simplicity to be done.
So it isn't even a spoiler, although it contains other spoilers.
Dave? Hello Dave? Is Dave there? There's a block in your t'ilet.
Waffleking

Post by Waffleking »

Anyone see this?

It's from www.myspace.com/rababies (The Retarded Animal Babies myspace)

Monday, July 31, 2006

New "Weird Al" album Sept. 26th! Check out why you should care.
Current mood: artistic
Category: Movies, TV, Celebrities

"Weird Al" Yankovic will be releasing his new album, "Straight Outta Lynwood," on September 26th. Teaser image viewable at his site! What, you ask, does this have to do with Retarded Animal Babies? Well Dave (the animator) is proud to have produced an animated video which will appear on the enhanced CD. Details to come, as soon as Al allows them to be spilled!
merbermaniac123

Post by merbermaniac123 »

Well, I'm going to assume that the video is for Weasel Stomping Day.. so we can assume that it's an original. But then again, I could be (and probably am) wrong, but knowing Retarded Animal Babies I think I could be right.. who knows.. not me.
Insert Coin(s) to Continue
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Insert Coin(s) to Continue »

Weasel Stomping Day sounds like a likely Retarded Animal Babies name, but that one is already being animated by Robot Chicken. This is curious...

And kind of bad at the same time. I don't particularly care for the Retarded Animal Babies animation style...oh well...
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
http://caneandrinse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Sporkman
Addicted

Post by The Sporkman »

So that's, what, four confirmed animated videos now? I think I'm just going to go ahead and hope for a Brothers Chaps-animated video too. The way things are going, you never know.
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

So this is what we think we have:

All but confirmed:

John K-Close But No Cigar
Bill Plympton-Don't Download This Song
Robot Chicken-Weasel Stomping Day

Also, David C. Lovelace (Retarded Animal Babies) has twice said he's doing a video

And the creator(s) behind Star Wars Gangsta Rap (Though it's debatable because of the age of the post)

If we have videos for all the originals, that leaves at leastone more (And 2 more if DDTS is indeed a parody)

Have we heard about any other directors say they were working on this?
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
Nafziger

Post by Nafziger »

spacedingo @ Aug 6 2006, 09:50 PM wrote: If we have videos for all the originals, that leaves two more (And 3 more if DDTS is indeed a parody)
Just wanted to throw in my 2 cents on DDTS. Since we're pretty much thinking that the animated vids are for originals, and Plympton said this was a parody of WATW, wouldn't it make sense that DDTS is a style-parody of charity songs with a video that parodies the WATW vid?
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

Nafziger @ Aug 6 2006, 02:10 PM wrote: Just wanted to throw in my 2 cents on DDTS. Since we're pretty much thinking that the animated vids are for originals, and Plympton said this was a parody of WATW, wouldn't it make sense that DDTS is a style-parody of charity songs with a video that parodies the WATW vid?
That's what I've been thinking/assuming it was.
And Peggy
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Yup. lots of speculation on DDTS. I also happen to think it's an original style parody, but Plympton said that it was a parody. He could be mistaken, or he could know it's a direct parody. That's basically all we know about the song :)

Anyway, going through old posts in the spoiler forum and found this
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

spacedingo @ Aug 6 2006, 02:23 PM wrote: Anyway, going through old posts in the spoiler forum and found this
No offense, but what does that have to do with the conversation? (Sorry if the answer is obvious and I'm just being really stupid by not seeing it.)

It also doesn't sound like it's an Al song to me.
And Peggy