Moderator: Moderators

minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Still 6 cartoon videos is awesome.
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

Maybe, but maybe not. The lead video would have to be done rarther quickly, from the time of the recording to when the album comes out (usally a few months) and animation takes a long time. The one chance we would have of getting an animated video for the lead track is if the animation is very simple, like in South Park. (Each episode of South Park is made in less than one week.) I guess Al could get Matt Stone and Trey Parker to do the animation, seeing as the new South Park season doesn't start until late October. Now that would be cool, but I still have a feeling the lead video will not be animated.
And Peggy
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

Now it'd be REALLY awesome if Al got Trey and Matt to do some animation for him.
http://nuclearbubblewrap.bandcamp.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Big Spoon
Welp.
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

Yes, an Al video animated by Matt and Trey would be really awesome. Let's cross our fingers.
And Peggy
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

I actually kinda hope the parody video(s) would not be animated. MTV viewers needs to see Al dressed up as someone else again.

But anyway, I'm sure it's been mentioned in here already, but based on what we know and have strongly suspected so far, it looks very much as if each of the original videos will have unique animation styles.

So far, what has been reported or confirmed for songs and animators are:

Close But No Cigar - John Kricfalusi
Weasel Stomping Day - Robot Chicken
Don't Download This Song - Bill Plympton

If all the rumors on the above turn out to be true, then already those are three radically different animation styles. You have wild Spumco animation, action figure stop motion, and the one and only Bill Plympton.

If Al is in fact trying to go for a "different style each time" concept, then yeah I think "South Park" would probably fit right in. And of course there are some other styles Al has utilized before, such as claymation and computer animation.
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ducttapeearth
Obsessed

Post by ducttapeearth »

Wow... SIX animated music videos? That is too cool!
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

weirdojace @ Jul 14 2006, 07:30 AM wrote: Now it'd be REALLY awesome if Al got Trey and Matt to do some animation for him.
That isn't too far out of the realm of possibility. Al did guest commentary on the DVD for Matt & Trey's movie "Orgazmo", so they must be friends of his.

Looking forward to the videos. . .and the album.

Meadows
Your Horoscope For Today: Try to avoid any Virgos or Leos with the Ebola virus.
Big Spoon
Welp.
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)

Post by Big Spoon »

We've known about "Don't Download This Song" since before the parodies began recording. So I'm assuming that it's a style parody of "We Are The World" and not a direct parody.

Also, one other thing I just remembered that increases the chances of Al having a video animated by Matt and Trey. Mary Kay Bergman was supposed to do the voice of Kyle's mom for "Pretty Fly For A Rabbi" but then didn't in case it would get her in trouble with Comedy Central.
And Peggy
saml

Post by saml »

Interview with John K. at Chud.com gives more info on Weird Al's CD.

Q: That was his latest video, right?

Kricfalusi: He has an album coming out where every song is animated. But I can’t tell you any of the names or anything because they’re still debating what the release date is and they asked me not to give away any details.

sorry I can't seem to post anywhere but here
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

Yep, that's already been linked to about a page ago or so.
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;