The best band in the world!!!

All about Steve Jay, Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz, Rubén Valtierra, and Jim West.

Moderator: Moderators

Seva
Obsessed

The best band in the world!!!

Post by Seva »

Yes, you got it right. I consider this Stupid Band, or Polka Band, or whatever you call them, anyway, - Steve, Jim, Ruben, and Bermuda (tell me if I forgot someone! :biggrin: ) as the best band in the world!!! :onfire:

I decided to create this topic when I had listened to "Headline News". Of COURSE, it is Al's comedy genius who brought it to life, but it's those amazing, excellent musicians who made it sound SIMILAR to Crash Test Dummies version!!! Two thumbs WAY up for all of them!!! (including Al, of course :P ).

SEVA.
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

I couldn't agree more, Seva! Al's band ROCKS! They are all brilliant musicians. I do love "Headline News", too. Al really did a perfect job of singing that, but I'm sure it was hard on his voice to sing so low. Anyway, nice thread, Seva!

Patti

Weird Al RULES!!

:stupid:
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

I have mentioned before that The Saga Begins is the song that hooked me. But to be honest, it wasn't the lyrics. What made me come back for a second listen, and a third, and a fourth... was the amazing musicianship. First it was Steve's bass work. Wowza! The more I listened the more I noticed. Al's vocal work on that song is some of the best of his career IMO.

Yup, TBITB (The Boys In The Band) are awesome. I guess this season they are the Poodle Hat Band, or perhaps the Dog Pound?

Here's a question I have been meaning to ask, but there hasn't been a good thread for it until now...

Which song do you think best showcases the talents of which of TBITB? For instance, I think I'm So Sick Of You, and Isle Thing are great Bermuda Songs.
Seva
Obsessed

Post by Seva »

Thanks, Patti!!! :biggrin:

amd I'm sorry constantly ignoring you. I will be more observant :sleepy:

SEVA.
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Hey, it's ok, Seva. I didn't think you were ignoring me. The "I'm with Stupid" sign I'm always putting in my posts is because I'm in Weird Al's Stupid Club on Yahoo. Just thought I'd explain that. :biggrin: Another great song that just blows me away because it sounds so much like the original is "Bedrock Anthem". When you first hear the guitar, it really does sound like "Under the Bridge". Al hooked himself up with quite the awesome band!

Patti
haroldwaide
Regular

Post by haroldwaide »

What I feel makes them the best is their ability to change genres at the drop of a hat ( hehe...) I've worked with many musicians who were good in one genre or another but either wouldn't attempt, or just plain sucked at other genres. I'm still looking for people that have the ability to do what Al's band does.

Harold
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

That's what I love about the band too. They can change styles like that and match the original perfectly. It impresses me highly!

Not to mention the high energy! Woo!

-CindyBob

:stupid:
Ratbert197
Obsessed

Post by Ratbert197 »

Another example of the great bands ability was when my freind listend to Bedrock Anthem (cuz shes a big Red Hot Chilli Peppers fan) she said it was awsome, and when I told her that his band did all of the music, her eyes went wide and said "whoah! hes got the best band ever!"
Smegabyte
Occasional

Post by Smegabyte »

When I went to my first Al concert, I was really just concentrating on Al...that is, until the Yoda Chant.

:nervous: <--- That's supposed to be a face of awe. Da din din da, da din din da...

And then after that I started really paying attention to the band. The things they can do just blow me away.

Smegabyte *dit dit da terrigada dit na*
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

And the fact that they are a nice bunch of guys doesnt hurt much either

Mike