Post pictures of you and TBITB

All about Steve Jay, Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz, Rubén Valtierra, and Jim West.

Moderator: Moderators

Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Re: Post pictures of you and TBITB

Post by Yankomaniac »

Wow! Steve's hair is really dark in that picture. lol
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Some of these are gonna be pretty old. Here is a pic of Jon and I hugging, from Dementia 2001:

Here I am, sitting on Jon's lap, at AlCon III:

Here is one of me and Jim from backstage at the Potter Center 9/23/07

That's about it. Maybe next time, I'll have more time to get pics, but I did get to talk to Rubén for the first time on 7/12/11, and talked to Jon and Jim for a bit. Steve just said "hello" real quick. New goal - get pics with Steve and Rubén.
Last edited by algonacchick on Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

I suppose this one fits here. Me and and Al's first producer and guitar player. Got to see him perform last night as part of some Hippiefest thing. It was.... interesting. :peace: Rick did a cover of "The Star Spangled Banner", Hulk Hogan's theme, "Hang On Sloopy" and "Rock n Roll Hootchie Koo". I yelled for him to do "Eat It" but I was too far back for him to hear me. :P

It was interesting though, when they introduced him, they said he was the guy who discovered Weird Al.

Dave
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

He does seem to use "discovered Weird Al" as an important item in his resume. It's hard to imagine in what sense he discovered Al that wouldn't make more sense applied to Dr Demento (who has the best claim, IMO), Doug Fieger, Jay Levey or Tad Dowd. But I guess it doesn't hurt anything if he keeps making the claim.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Thats so cool Dave! I wanna get him to sign the first ALbum for me, then I'd have all of their autographs on it! Hopefully he comes to Ottawa sometime. Thats cool that he played all those songs too, "Hang On Sloopy" is wicked, forgot he did Hogan's theme too! LOL
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

Yankomaniac wrote: "Hang On Sloopy" is wicked
You haven't heard "Hang On Sloopy" until you've heard Steve Jay and Pete Gallagher play it.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Yeah I would like to see that for sure. Anyways that's pretty sweet Dave, Im actually kinda jealous.
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

Since I just found out today that there WAS a "Post pictures of you with the band" page in a whole forum I barely knew about, I thought it would be appropriate to post my picture with Steve here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

I was gonna p.m you that yesterday but I figured you'd find it.
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

And two for here.

Dave