The Band Drool Topic

All about Steve Jay, Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz, Rubén Valtierra, and Jim West.

Moderator: Moderators

polkarama27
Addicted

Post by polkarama27 »

BabyBoolie27 @ November 09, 2008 02:01 pm wrote: Have to add in my 2 cents about this one. I think that (next to Al of course) the next sexiest man in the band would have to be Jim. He has the crazed eyed stare that I come to know and love just like Al and he can totally rock that guitar. His musicianship is excellent, and he taught himself how to play. Now THAT deserves some props! Also he totally rocked the peek-a-boo caveman pants in WAY Live! :inlove: :good:
Amen Sister!
Captain Ollie: She's not your usual teenage writer.
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

I guess my perception has more to do with having met them (Steve & Jim). Mandatory preface: I've met both of them, and also their wives... I'm not actually harboring a fangirl crush on anybody. Really. But in person Steve has a very warm, magnetic personality, and Jim is much shyer. Al kind of falls somewhere between the two of them on the shy-to-outgoing scale. What makes him really unusual is the consistent and unselfish attentiveness he shows to the fans he meets up with. That takes commitment. Steve and Jim don't (literally) sign away as much of their time to fans, and they don't have to and shouldn't be expected to. For that matter, we shouldn't expect it from Al either; I just think of it as an amazing sort of ongoing gift. But all of them are just remarkably kind men.
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
ludovica64
Off The Deep End

Post by ludovica64 »

Jim is awesome and so handsome, but as I spent more time with Steve I know he and I get on like a house on fire, so Steve is my extra special, special buddy.. and that VOICE! :) it can melt chocolate from 50 yards
<º))))><.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´"Not too stupid..... Just stupid enough!"¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
Jul 20th,23rd 2008
AlFest 1/8/2009
Al's Brain x20
Aug 13th,14th,21st,22nd, Dec 3rd,6th 2010
Aug 12th,14th,26th 2012
Oct 4th 2015
BabyBoolie27
Obsessed

Post by BabyBoolie27 »

ludovica64 @ November 09, 2008 05:34 pm wrote: Jim is awesome and so handsome, but as I spent more time with Steve I know he and I get on like a house on fire, so Steve is my extra special, special buddy.. and that VOICE! :) it can melt chocolate from 50 yards
Nice visual Louise! :great:
I like all animals...well except for monkeys, because they climb all over your face and slap you!
albinodwarf27
Addicted

Post by albinodwarf27 »

Orthography Enthusiast @ November 09, 2008 06:32 pm wrote: But all of them are just remarkably kind men.
That they are - well said, Helen.
We don't fight, we all play nice
living in an Amish paradise
BabyBoolie27
Obsessed

Post by BabyBoolie27 »

Orthography Enthusiast @ November 09, 2008 05:32 pm wrote: Steve and Jim don't (literally) sign away as much of their time to fans
I've had Jim answer me several times on my myspace page and he has always been very kind and thoughtful in the reply. None of the other BiTB do that. Score one for Jim! :lol:
I like all animals...well except for monkeys, because they climb all over your face and slap you!
Eithne
Obsessed

Post by Eithne »

it could be the photo... his eyes just pop out (er, not literally of course :P )

pic of Jim

always liked this pic:

band rehearsal

I like this one too:

in concert

LOL!! I've never seen this one before :P

funny!
I'm not comfortable in my comfort zone - it's poorly named.
BabyBoolie27
Obsessed

Post by BabyBoolie27 »

Those were great, thanks for posting those.

I liked the last one too. Looks like Al is trying to cast a spell on Steve! :lol: