Oh This Is A Story About Tbitb...

All about Steve Jay, Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz, Rubén Valtierra, and Jim West.

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
kyky27
Off The Deep End
Posts: 3013
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:41 am
Location: Montana
Contact:

Post by kyky27 »

Eithne @ Sep 1 2008, 06:10 PM wrote: :) if only they could appear not so suddenly and with a bit of warning :D "Please note that someone you admire will be in close proximity very shortly. You have 15 seconds to gain composure, fix your hair, clothes, etc. and hope that you won't sound like an overexited babbling idiot. Thank you and have a good day"
So true. I could totally use that. I would have been so much more prepared too. :lol:


(It's weird not knowing two of your heros are sitting at the table behind your table of you until they get up to leave...)
"Did you see Journey to the Center of the Earth?"
"I did!"
"Me neither...wait..."
"You had that planned didn't you?"
"..yeah.."

User avatar
albinodwarf27
Addicted
Posts: 777
Joined: Wed May 19, 2004 2:29 pm

Post by albinodwarf27 »

I love this thread - thanks for sharing your stories! They're all great guys. I'm very impressed by how accessible they are, not many bands treat their fans this well. We're very lucky.
We don't fight, we all play nice
living in an Amish paradise

User avatar
polkarama27
Addicted
Posts: 581
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:29 pm
Contact:

Post by polkarama27 »

I totally agree! Each and every band member is so sweet and friendly! I've never met them but just hearing about them I know that I could pull them aside and tell them a secret and they'd never tell a soul! :lol:
Captain Ollie: She's not your usual teenage writer.

User avatar
ludovica64
Off The Deep End
Posts: 5051
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:59 am
Location: Hampshire, England
Contact:

Post by ludovica64 »

albinodwarf27 @ Sep 2 2008, 02:06 AM wrote: I love this thread - thanks for sharing your stories! They're all great guys. I'm very impressed by how accessible they are, not many bands treat their fans this well. We're very lucky.
:D So true Nancy. Theyre so sweet to the fans aren't they? sigh...
<º))))><.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´"Not too stupid..... Just stupid enough!"¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
Jul 20th,23rd 2008
AlFest 1/8/2009
Al's Brain x20
Aug 13th,14th,21st,22nd, Dec 3rd,6th 2010
Aug 12th,14th,26th 2012
Oct 4th 2015

Pickle
Regular
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:32 am

Post by Pickle »

So I only got to meet Steve at the last concert and I was a little apprehensive. I knew the least about him. But after working up my courage, I talked to him. He signed my shirt and I got a pic with him. He just exuded warmth and friendliness.

Ok, the warmth may have been from performing :P
English doesn't just borrow from other languages, it mugs them on the street and checks their pockets for loose grammar.

Eithne
Obsessed
Posts: 1364
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:52 pm

Post by Eithne »

Steve has new songs on his Myspace player from his new album:

http://www.myspace.com/ayarou

they're gooooooooood!! right now I just love Bailed Outside

edit: if you click lyrics they're available and they're fascinating. I love how lyrics he's used before appear in part in new songs like the words "wild and scenic"
I'm not comfortable in my comfort zone - it's poorly named.

User avatar
ludovica64
Off The Deep End
Posts: 5051
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:59 am
Location: Hampshire, England
Contact:

Post by ludovica64 »

Eithne @ September 14, 2008 04:17 am wrote: Steve has new songs on his Myspace player from his new album:

http://www.myspace.com/ayarou

they're gooooooooood!! right now I just love Bailed Outside

edit: if you click lyrics they're available and they're fascinating. I love how lyrics he's used before appear in part in new songs like the words "wild and scenic"
Hey thanks for that Ena!
Yay there is ACCORDION on one of those songs!!... hmmmm wonder who did that? :Y
<º))))><.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´"Not too stupid..... Just stupid enough!"¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
Jul 20th,23rd 2008
AlFest 1/8/2009
Al's Brain x20
Aug 13th,14th,21st,22nd, Dec 3rd,6th 2010
Aug 12th,14th,26th 2012
Oct 4th 2015

Eithne
Obsessed
Posts: 1364
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:52 pm

Post by Eithne »

ludovica64 @ September 14, 2008 02:17 am wrote: Hey thanks for that Ena!
Yay there is ACCORDION on one of those songs!!... hmmmm wonder who did that? :Y
I thought it might be Al *hopes* but Steve seems to play every instrument except for tuba it seems :D so it could be him playing accordion. I can't wait to see the liner notes. See the details of instruments, singers, etc. All the album lyrics have now been posted on his website and the description of the album is wonderful: Physical Answer. The actual 'physical' CD (pardon pun) is gorgeous - beautiful. It's not in a glossy case but one that folds out into 3 panels.
I'm not comfortable in my comfort zone - it's poorly named.

User avatar
ludovica64
Off The Deep End
Posts: 5051
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:59 am
Location: Hampshire, England
Contact:

Post by ludovica64 »

Eithne @ September 14, 2008 09:22 am wrote: I thought it might be Al *hopes* but Steve seems to play every instrument except for tuba it seems :D so it could be him playing accordion. I can't wait to see the liner notes. See the details of instruments, singers, etc. All the album lyrics have now been posted on his website and the description of the album is wonderful: Physical Answer. The actual 'physical' CD (pardon pun) is gorgeous - beautiful. It's not in a glossy case but one that folds out into 3 panels.
You already got your cd??? :o I thought I sent off for mine before you did?
<º))))><.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´"Not too stupid..... Just stupid enough!"¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
Jul 20th,23rd 2008
AlFest 1/8/2009
Al's Brain x20
Aug 13th,14th,21st,22nd, Dec 3rd,6th 2010
Aug 12th,14th,26th 2012
Oct 4th 2015

catanddogdoctor
Die-hard Fan
Posts: 403
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2001 2:00 am
Location: Illinois
Contact:

Post by catanddogdoctor »

Steve plays the accordion on To Be You.

M-
If you don't expect too much from me you not be let down -The Gin Blossoms

Post Reply