Oh This Is A Story About Tbitb...

All about Steve Jay, Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz, Rubén Valtierra, and Jim West.

Moderator: Moderators

crispy-gypsy
Addicted

Post by crispy-gypsy »

HAHAHA I did that when I was in line and Jim walked out of the tour bus right in front of me! It was like "........!!!!!!!!!"
I like kids, I used to be one -Ringo

Not everyone can be a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere.
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

The really nice thing about being a tourchaser and gaping like an idiot at Steve is that you will probably have lots of opportunities to get the gape out of your system and actually talk to him, at which point you will discover that he's a very cool guy.
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
ludovica64
Off The Deep End

Post by ludovica64 »

So true Helen. Common sense and good manners have to prevail over staring...
Steve is someone it's so ridiculously easy to get on well with that you'd be friends in just moments and you'd quickly forget that he's a famous musician because you'd be too busy having fun with one of the nicest, most compassionate, kind, smart and funny people you could ever hope to meet
<º))))><.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´"Not too stupid..... Just stupid enough!"¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
Jul 20th,23rd 2008
AlFest 1/8/2009
Al's Brain x20
Aug 13th,14th,21st,22nd, Dec 3rd,6th 2010
Aug 12th,14th,26th 2012
Oct 4th 2015
crispy-gypsy
Addicted

Post by crispy-gypsy »

You know, you make me want to tourchase, if only for the opportunity to understand these guys a little better. Only thing I've seen of them is them on stage and watching them talk to other people because I'm too boring to have anything substantial to say to them. *laughs* But they always struck me as the really nice, awesome kinda people.

ludovica64
Off The Deep End

Post by ludovica64 »

crispy-gypsy @ Aug 31 2008, 02:37 AM wrote: You know, you make me want to tourchase, if only for the opportunity to understand these guys a little better. Only thing I've seen of them is them on stage and watching them talk to other people because I'm too boring to have anything substantial to say to them. *laughs* But they always struck me as the really nice, awesome kinda people.
*Nobody* could find you boring Ghia.

You have a remarkable talent just as they do and that is just as worthy of admiration
<º))))><.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´"Not too stupid..... Just stupid enough!"¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
Jul 20th,23rd 2008
AlFest 1/8/2009
Al's Brain x20
Aug 13th,14th,21st,22nd, Dec 3rd,6th 2010
Aug 12th,14th,26th 2012
Oct 4th 2015
crispy-gypsy
Addicted

Post by crispy-gypsy »

...okay, I think you're my favorite person in the world at this point for saying that. *laughs* Thank you so much, you made me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

What I meant was that when I see the band members RIGHT THERE, I have an urge to go up and TRY and talk to them, but it's like "Gaaaaah, I don't have anything interesting to say!!" And I'm not too smart music-wise (that's my sister), and all that jazz.

BUT from what I'm hearing and what I've heard, the guys are awesome enough to be patient and friendly despite that! Which makes me anxious for the next tour to see if I can get more glimpses of them! Huge respect their way.

polkarama27
Addicted

Post by polkarama27 »

crispy-gypsy @ Aug 31 2008, 03:27 AM wrote: ...okay, I think you're my favorite person in the world at this point for saying that. *laughs* Thank you so much, you made me feel warm and fuzzy inside.
Hehe, now you know how I feel :lol:

:lookaround: Getting back to the topic, check out this really awesome thing Al said about our favorite boys:

"They're a very, very good band. I wonder sometimes if they get the respect they deserve. Maybe because we play funny songs, they don't get taken seriously. But what it actually means is, they have to be even tighter and more precise. They have to be right on, all of the time. Anybody that really listens to us knows they're good, from the simple fact that their range is so wide. They do it all, and they're good at what they do. They make me look good. I'm fortunate to have the band I have."

WASN'T THAT AWESOME OF HIM?!?!?!
Captain Ollie: She's not your usual teenage writer.
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

polkarama27 @ Aug 31 2008, 08:27 PM wrote:
WASN'T THAT AWESOME OF HIM?!?!?!
Yes, a model of awesome accuracy. :Y
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
Average.Amanda
Occasional

Post by Average.Amanda »

Orthography Enthusiast @ Aug 31 2008, 11:42 PM wrote: Yes, a model of awesome accuracy. :Y
I second this. :]
"How 'bout if I just strap you naked to a chair and cover you with cheese...? Yeah, cheese... you want it all over you...?"
polkarama27
Addicted

Post by polkarama27 »

Orthography Enthusiast @ Aug 31 2008, 04:42 PM wrote: Yes, a model of awesome accuracy. :Y
I third this :lol:
Captain Ollie: She's not your usual teenage writer.