Ruben's Myspace Got Hacked

All about Steve Jay, Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz, Rubén Valtierra, and Jim West.

Moderator: Moderators

sethmartin
Regular

Post by sethmartin »

Ruben fixed the problem. Also, if you have a myspace account, take Ruben's advice. Here's a message from the real Ruben...
Ruben wrote: To all of my Friends,
I'm so sorry that you were exposed to the filth sent out under my name by the pathetic individuals known as "hackers". I was a victim to a practice known as "phishing".
I am posting this as a precaution to others so they do not fall prey to these sorry excuses for people.
If you receive a message while already connected to Myspace.com saying "Sorry, you must be logged in to do that!", most likely you are being "phished".
This is a trick by an outside party posing as Myspace.com asking you to re-enter your password so that they can steal it and send their garbage to all of your contacts.
In some cases, they hope to get lucky by trying to apply this password to your bank account.
Be forewarned.
Thanks,
Ruben
Rammer124
Regular

Post by Rammer124 »

I just saw something on his page, it says "Sorry everyone, i got phished!" I dont have a myspace account, but i think that means hacked, but everything is back to normal. Poor guy, i feel sorry for him...

srry sethmartin, i was looking at the top of the page and clicked reply, didnt read ur post.
"Chef told me to get a pompadour hat. I thought he said 'Bite the head of a bat.'. So I did."
ducttapeearth
Obsessed

Post by ducttapeearth »

LOL / Poor Ruben.
JEDM
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by JEDM »

I may change my password, but i'm afraid id forget i

BTW: Ruben, Steve & Bermuda accepted my friend requests... :)
weirdalisthephantomoftheopera
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by weirdalisthephantomoftheopera »

That happened to me once, but I only changed my password slightly. Poor Ruben...
"Beneath this pillow is the key to my release...I believe she misinterpreted my intentions entirely."

~Meli
TheMegChan
Die-hard Fan

Post by TheMegChan »

I was a victim of phishing once...but on ebay. :/ Which is a lot worse, cause then they rack up the fees. Fortunally, the good people at Ebay were smart enough to notice that I rarely posted anything up for auction, so found it quite odd when about 50 items showed up at once! ^^
Poptronixx
Die-hard Fan

Post by Poptronixx »

Sorry to hear what happened to Ruben. I didn't know about it until Ruben mentioned it in his message. I hope things are back to normal.
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Being phished is not a fun thing. It's happened to me twice. I'm sorry this happened to Rubén. I hope everything is ok now.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
JEDM
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by JEDM »

Why do people phish in the first place?? <_<
sethmartin
Regular

Post by sethmartin »

They do it to advertise they're products or websites. It's mostly stuff like penis enlargement pills, dirty webcam sites, or stupid ringtones that no one wants.