Locking of Ask Bermuda

All about Steve Jay, Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz, Rubén Valtierra, and Jim West.

Moderator: Moderators

Cat_Barf
Occasional

Locking of Ask Bermuda

Post by Cat_Barf »

When I saw the post, I honestly was surprised that he actually stopped doing it. At first, I thought the forum was going very well and the topis were interesting, not off subject or boring. Now that I think about it, I don't blame him.

It seems to me that some of the questions were stupid, or ones that Bermuda has already answered other places like on weirdal.com. Now, when this happened, I thought of the fans losing out of an oppurtunity to talk to a professional drummer.

But then it came to my mind that he probably didn't have the time to answer questions. Figuring that he has been working very hard on the new album, there is an increasing demand for information on it. I think he was getting a little tired of that also.

And, with him and the band working on a new album, I think that Al is planning a new release. Why else would Bermuda not be able to answer fan questions? There is too many if a new album comes out. I think I might be on to something.
Signed,

Cat Barf
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Re: Locking of Ask Bermuda

Post by CatraDhtem »

That may very well be, but who knows. Bermuda did a great job on the board, and if anyone deserves a break from typing "Check weirdal.com for that answer" over and over again, it's him. :)
haroldwaide
Regular

Post by haroldwaide »

Another thing to consider is that perhaps he was afraid that he would say "too much" at some point and ruin a surprise from the album.

I had noticed awhile ago that he had stopped moderating the forums. I figured then that he was getting too busy to be able to handle everything. But he still kept answering questions for his fans, which puts him above many other people.

Bermuda will be missed, both as a moderator AND for the forum. Nobody can deny that. But we're still a big, happy family nontheless.

Maybe a release date is approaching faster then we had anticipated and he's afraid that he'll get inundated with questions that he can't possibly answer (what's the album title was popular right before "Running With Scissors" was released and was answered at least THREE times that month in Ask Al)

Either way, let's all wish him the best of luck and look forward to seeing him on tour.

Harold
Cartunedude
Occasional

Post by Cartunedude »

It is too bad that forum is locked, but I can understand his reasons. It was fun while it lasted, though, and it was really great to have Bermuda's presence here on the board.

I wish him the best of luck, whatever he may be doing now, and of course look forward to reading the latest developments on the next ALbum/tour/whatever else Al has up his sleeves at weirdal.com!

C-type-Bob

:stupid: