IMPORTANT news about Stephen Jay

All about Steve Jay, Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz, Rubén Valtierra, and Jim West.

Moderator: Moderators

Squirrelygirl
Obsessed

IMPORTANT news about Stephen Jay

Post by Squirrelygirl »

I hope this isn't a breach of etiquette, but I think it's important enough that I'll take that risk.

This was originally posted in the alt.music.weird-al newsgroup,

by Marty Lick, (Stephen Jay's Webmaster), and since I don't want to "steal Marty's thunder" I'll just refer you to Stephen's website.

This has been a rough year for Stephen, and I think he deserves all the

emotional support we can muster.

Take care

Squirrelygirl
hamsterpal

Re: IMPORTANT news about Stephen Jay

Post by hamsterpal »

I hope this isn't a breach of etiquette, but I think it's important enough that I'll take that risk.

This was originally posted in the alt.music.weird-al newsgroup,
by Marty Lick, (Stephen Jay's Webmaster), and since I don't want to "steal Marty's thunder" I'll just refer you to Stephen's website.

This has been a rough year for Stephen, and I think he deserves all the
emotional support we can muster.

Wow, rough indeed! All best wishes to him for a complete recovery. One question though, maybe Bermuda can answer it, is how has this affected recording of Al's forthcoming CD? Substitute bass player, or just putting off recording the bass tracks till Stephen is back to 100% again?

"Enquiring minds like mine wanna know"!

Get well soon, Steve Jay!

Hamster Pal
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

Here's to wishing Steve a groovy recovery!
WHiZZi
Be jealous.

Post by WHiZZi »

and for those who won't believe it:

http://www.stephenjay.com/news.html

I'll quote a little bit from that site:

Last July Stephen was in a bad auto accident in Woodland Hills, California. After months of recuperation most of the soft tissue damage healed reasonably well, except for a ruptured disc in his neck the result of which was a rather severe compression of his spinal cord in the cervical region between the vertebrae known as C3 and C4.

Please, read the rest of the story at stephenjay.com. This is not the complete story!
Loony Lynn
Occasional

Post by Loony Lynn »

Wishing you the best Stephen Jay. :bigups:
insoft
Occasional

Post by insoft »

/me also wishing you the best Stephen Jay
Cartunedude
Occasional

Post by Cartunedude »

Get well soon, Steve!

C-type

:stupid:
Karen
Occasional

Post by Karen »

I hope everything goes well and Steve can recover quickly.

Karen

:stupid:
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Re: IMPORTANT news about Stephen Jay

Post by Elvis »

Wow, thanks for alerting us. The past 10-11 months must have been rough on Steve, as it sounds like they'll be for a while. And Steve, I'm glad to read on your site that you're feeling better! Keep improving and keep that optimistic attitude! You've got the right attitude to get a quick and complete recovery!!
One question though, maybe Bermuda can answer it, is how has this affected recording of Al's forthcoming CD? Substitute bass player, or just putting off recording the bass tracks till Stephen is back to 100% again?

There are pictures of Steve in the studio. And while there's no date on those studio pics, it does say the pics are "recent," so it looks like he's doing something at least. There's one where he brought a lot of his gear along, so he's probably recording or rehearsing when he feels up to it. Besides, didn't he release an Ak & Zuie album recently? And his web site says he's got another album of solo material in the works. Not to mention he's still doing shows with Ak & Zuie now and then. So my guess is even if Steve's not 100%, he's still giving 100%.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
haroldwaide
Regular

Post by haroldwaide »

Wishing you a continued recovery and eternal health and happiness, steve. 'm glad you're allright.

Harold