The Big Jim West Live Performance Topic

All about Steve Jay, Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz, Rubén Valtierra, and Jim West.

Moderator: Moderators

crispy-gypsy
Addicted

Post by crispy-gypsy »

GAH! TOO MANY DECISIONS. I'm not going to poof anyone now.

Though seriously, I wish I could go. I want to see Jim performing slack key somewhere, man...
I like kids, I used to be one -Ringo

Not everyone can be a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere.
The Doctor
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by The Doctor »

But you would poof me if you could, yes?
Silence will fall.
polkarama27
Addicted

Post by polkarama27 »

Don't push it Stephen! Anyway, I asked first!

POOF ME GHIA!!

:P

Dang, why did I HAVE to live in Texas?!?! Nothing good happens here!
Captain Ollie: She's not your usual teenage writer.
crispy-gypsy
Addicted

Post by crispy-gypsy »

WHAT? MAKING ME CHOOSE? C'MON. LET'S GET BACK TO TALKING ABOUT JIM.

((And you live in Texas because i said so.))
I like kids, I used to be one -Ringo

Not everyone can be a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere.
polkarama27
Addicted

Post by polkarama27 »

Seriously, I think it's really sweet of Jim to help out with his program!

Taking off time from his break on the road to help, what a guy!
Captain Ollie: She's not your usual teenage writer.
Lauren
Obsessed
Location: on earth in my house in my room on my computer on WOWAY

Post by Lauren »

:( i can't go.

unless i can get my friend to fly me there :think:
big day!!!!!!!!! :D :)

im on twitter i am cricket27l (the l is a Lower case L, just so you guys know.)
Diva
Addicted

Post by Diva »

Orthography Enthusiast @ September 24, 2008 03:43 pm wrote: Don't we already have a topic like this that should be moved here to this forum?

Anyway, if you're anywhere near Pasadena, are free on Monday, Oct., 6 and have $50 to toss toward a worthy cause: We Tell Stories benefit It's a children's theater group. Mysteriously, Jim isn't mentioned on the We Tell Stories site, but he sent out the info to his email contact list: [quote=""Jim 'Kimo' West""]
Aloha!
I'd like to let those of you in the LA area know about an upcoming slack key guitar performance that I have coming up . It's a fundraiser for We Tell Stories, LA's most respected children's theater company.
As you know, funding for the arts has been slashed dramatically so come on out and support a worthy cause! The event is Monday October 6th, 7-10 PM and the location is the acclaimed restaurant , Firefly in South Pasadena: 1009 El Centro St, South Pasadena, CA

[/quote]

I will be in Portland on Monday and won't be able to go :( . Please give Jim my best, Helen. :mahalo:I got my slack Key Festival tickets as soon as they came out and Greg and I will be there with bells...er...orchids on to soak in the music.

Cheers, Diva
It's good to have quality problems like this
Wharf Hamster since September 25, 2002
Ambra
Obsessed

Post by Ambra »

I'm working on getting Jim out here to Va. I mentioned on his myspace page I'd love to see him perform, maybe at one of the musical festivals at one of the local wineries. He commented back and said he'd love to play in this area and to let him know if I had any ideas. I've contacted the winery and gave them his website and sent Jim their website info. I also sent him info about Floyd Fest, a four day music festival they have up here every July. He said he was definitely going to check out both of those possibilities. I'm going up to the winery in a week or two and take my cds, see if can get someone "in charge" to listen to a few tracks. I've got my fingers crossed something will work out with one or both. If it does, I hope I see a few WOWAY folks there!
"My mailbox keeps getting vandalized! Every morning it's full of decapitated action figures and empty inhaler canisters!"
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

So, I got stuck in traffic, plus Mapquest gave me some weird directions that involved residential streets with really inadequate lighting, especially on the STREET SIGNS, so I was about 45 minutes late to the We Tell Stories benefit, and I missed Jim's opening set. But I did get there in time for all three of the theater offerings, and Jim's interstitial music (that's the word he used), plus the set he played while the affair was winding down. Very nice. I didn't know a single other attendee, but Jim and Diana were kind enough to chat with me a bit. Diana made sure I knew about tomorrow's release. :)
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
albinodwarf27
Addicted

Post by albinodwarf27 »

Helen, your late arrivals are becoming a habit! lol So glad you made it!

Now please check your PMs so I can mail you that thing you asked about :)
We don't fight, we all play nice
living in an Amish paradise