10/18/04 Jay Levey Lecture

All about Steve Jay, Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz, Rubén Valtierra, and Jim West.

Moderator: Moderators

fred27
Obsessed

Post by fred27 »

you dont think he would get p.o.ed if we all just showed up, or maybe he would be honoured that we cared enough to show, or he just thinks were a bunch of crazed weirdo's, i mean ive know him and all, and he has been really nice to me for the things he's done for me
fred

total shows to date, 161
fred27
Obsessed

Post by fred27 »

and will they let cameras in, and maybe video
fred

total shows to date, 161
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Ah, he knows we're Weird. But in his world, maybe that's not such a bad thing. I'd hope he'd be flattered.
fred27
Obsessed

Post by fred27 »

im thinking of going to school to learn a trade, so if that goes thru i dont know if i could go
fred

total shows to date, 161
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

fred27 @ Aug 28 2004, 01:18 AM wrote: you dont think he would get p.o.ed if we all just showed up, or maybe he would be honoured that we cared enough to show, or he just thinks were a bunch of crazed weirdo's, i mean ive know him and all, and he has been really nice to me for the things he's done for me
For this, if one was to attend, it might be wise to simply dress down for it...you know, not look too much like a "Weird Al fan." This way you're there to show your support but you're not coming off too much like a die-hard fan.

Don't forget, there will most likely be many people there who may not necessarily be Al fans, so we'd need to behave, so to speak.
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Not to mention, it would be kind of insulting to Jay if you were there merely for the AL connection. I'd hope there would be some genuine interest in Jay's work. Perhaps even some of his work outside of the stuff with AL.
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

I know someone else who lives in Columbus that might be able to go. I emailed him and he did go to an art college, I'm not sure if that's the one though.

-CindyBob
"Mr. Kim, we're Starfleet officers. Weird is just part of the job." -Captain Janeway
weirdstef
Addicted

Post by weirdstef »

Wow that would be cool to learn more about what Jay does not just for Al but all his other interests to. What does he do when he is not managing Al(mainly when they take a brake)?

Wish I could go but I don't live near enough for me right now and Stef will be back in school then.

Trixie
Weirdstef
Squirrelygirl
Obsessed

Post by Squirrelygirl »

Occasionally, I hear Dr. Demento shows (older ones), and the executive producer is mentioned as Jeff Levey.

Wonder if he's any relation to Jay.

sg
AL! You ATE Harvey!? YOU ATE HARVEY/??!!
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

I would go if (a) I could get out of school that day, and (B) my parents would let me drive down to Columbus. Neither is too promising.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.