The Band's Instrument Topic

All about Steve Jay, Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz, Rubén Valtierra, and Jim West.

Moderator: Moderators

catanddogdoctor
Die-hard Fan

Post by catanddogdoctor »

I'd really like to hear a song from one of you Al-Gals that was as overt toward Al as WBUL is toward all the ladies.

It would be too R-rated for a good chunk of Al fans..... :blush:

Maria
If you don't expect too much from me you not be let down -The Gin Blossoms
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

I'd really like to hear a song from one of you Al-Gals that was as overt toward Al as WBUL is toward all the ladies.
It would be too R-rated for a good chunk of Al fans..... :blush:

Maria

And it takes a lot of talent to carry off that much subtle innuendo without just being gross.
weirdallie27
Off The Deep End

Post by weirdallie27 »

And it takes a lot of talent to carry off that much subtle innuendo without just being gross.

And telling someone they smell like Fritos, and "My love for you is like diarrhea..." isn't just gross? ;)

~Allison
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

And telling someone they smell like Fritos, and "My love for you is like diarrhea..." isn't just gross? ;)

Well, that depends on how you feel about hydrogenated vegetable oil, doesn't it? :P

My two cents' worth is that it's gross, but it isn't just gross. In context, imagining this clueless Romeo trying to pick up girls by using such stomach-turning endearments is hilarious. Anybody can achieve "gross" without much trouble but "hilarious" is a lot more difficult.
Teleman027
Occasional

Post by Teleman027 »

ok I've been playing Guitar, Drums and Bass for 8 years so let me clear up two things you guys have been talking about:

The 12 string Bass is a Dean. They're one of two company's that make it... and he endorses Dean so...

The front bass drum head. Takes about 10 minutes to change. All you do is go to a music shop, ask for a bass drum head, then have your design on it. Undo the Lug Screws. Take off the previous Drumhead, and put on the new one. Then proceed to screw the lugs back on.

Thank you! Good Night! WE LOVE YOU SIBERIA!!! WOO!

-Jonesie
~_~ The Door Matt ~_~

"Then I tied her to a chair and I shaved off all her hair And I left her in the desert all alone Well sometimes in my dreams I can still hear the screams Oh I wonder if she ever made it home"- Good Old Days
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

The front bass drum head. Takes about 10 minutes to change. All you do is go to a music shop, ask for a bass drum head, then have your design on it. Undo the Lug Screws. Take off the previous Drumhead, and put on the new one. Then proceed to screw the lugs back on.

So, does that 10 minutes include the drive to the music store and the time it takes to put your new design on it? :P

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
Teleman027
Occasional

Post by Teleman027 »

Well if you live right next to a music store and have a REALLY BIG printer thats REALLY FAST then maybe....
~_~ The Door Matt ~_~

"Then I tied her to a chair and I shaved off all her hair And I left her in the desert all alone Well sometimes in my dreams I can still hear the screams Oh I wonder if she ever made it home"- Good Old Days
Ratbert197
Obsessed

Post by Ratbert197 »

lol. :biggrin: