Jim West article

All about Steve Jay, Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz, Rubén Valtierra, and Jim West.

Moderator: Moderators

scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

The leak about the new polka medley on "Poodle Hat" is not a spoiler! Everybody pretty much can figure out on their own that Al usually does a polka on each new album...

"Usually" being the key word. There have been 10 albums, 8 polka medleys (not counting Polkamon.) You do the math. It was far from a guarantee that there would be one.

I am happy to know that there will be a PM.

But please folks... spoilers in the spoiler topic. :mad:
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Remember, there's never a guarantee that anything's on an album till we find out directly from Al, Bermuda, or TBITB.
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Johnnytimewarp
Occasional

Post by Johnnytimewarp »

I was joking about Avril Lavigne! DUH!!!! You people analyze everything that gets said on here in greater detail than the Warren Commission investigated the JFK assassination... :bomb:
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Well....can't b.ame a guy for trying, I guess :D

Ugh, blame. I don't know what's worse, the typo, or that it took me this long to catch it. :huh:
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

You people analyze everything that gets said on here in greater detail than the Warren Commission investigated the JFK assassination... :bomb:

You seem surprised by that. After all, it is a fandom message board. :sly:
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

Cool article! Thanks for the link, Bermuda!
I was born in the lovely city of Toronto, an old Indian name that means, "Large village full of soon-to-be, ego-centric guitar players."
Guess that's why Jim was asked to leave. :)
Around 1992, I was at Brian's place and he showed me these guitars. They were the best I had ever played. It was the closest thing to falling in love I have ever experienced

When I read that, I thought, "Huh? Didn't Jim get married?" :huh:

But then I got a little more linguistically picky, and decided that "the closest thing to falling in love" and "falling in love" are two different experiences, and having one of them doesn't preclude the other. I feel so much better now. :D

And it was a nice touch that the article was published the week of April 27.
Dr_Dad
Obsessed

Post by Dr_Dad »

I just noticed something else:

TAGW: A poodle hat is a type of dog hat—is it not?

Jim: Yea, you're right. Actually, in the new album’s cover photo the poodle IS the hat! Guess Al was trying to copy me with this hat thing. A coconut hat is a hat woven from coconut fronds, often sold to tourists.

Hmmm ... hadn't thought of that ... we were all wondering where Al came up with the term "Poodle Hat". So, Jim's got "Coconut Hat" ... and Al now has "Poodle Hat"? If that were intentional, then only the most rabid of the rabid fans would get the reference [even Jim didn't pick up on it till the interviewer mentioned it!!].

So, whatcha think ... The "Hat" Association: Coincidence Or Obscure Intentional Reference? Vote now, and vote often.

Dr. Dad

[wonders if he should start a separate thread for this ....]
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

So, whatcha think ... The "Hat" Association: Coincidence Or Obscure Intentional Reference?

I noticed the connection way back when I posted this. Probably just a coincidence, but I think it's pretty neat. I'm waiting for Steve's "Hat" album to come out next to complete the trilogy.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
syxtfour
Regular

Post by syxtfour »

Perhaps my mind is slowly melting in anticipation of Poodle Hat, but I don't see anything in the interview that confirms a polka. Could someone post a quote?
Hey, snowman with a pine cone head! I HATE YOU!
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Here it is, but remember I didn't say anything about a polka.

The originals were mixed at Icon in Hollywood and the parodies and polka medley were mixed at Westlake Audio.

But remember, you didn't hear that from me.
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?