Taylor Hanson Collabo?

Moderator: Moderators

anthontherun
Be jealous.

Taylor Hanson Collabo?

Post by anthontherun »

Here's something interesting...

Are there other dream collaborations you have in mind right now?

No, no other side bands for now. But we do a lot of songwriting with people, for about five years now we’ve been doing this songwriters’ retreat, and everyone from Andrew W.K. to Adam [Schlesinger] to Mike Viola, Jason Mraz, and Har Mar Superstar come. Actually, "Weird Al" Yankovic — who is brilliant — and I wrote a song together in February; it’s actually a song inspired by seeing Brian Wilson once when Al and I got together with our kids and saw him wandering in a park in L.A. And it’s a cool song!

Should I be ecstatic about Al collaborating with Taylor Hanson? Because I am--suck it MT! :P There's nothing to indicate whether this will be one of the Internet Leaks, or if it'll be an Al or Hanson release (or both, or neither) but I figured it'd be safer to post it here than outside the Spoiler Zone.
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ludovica64
Off The Deep End

Post by ludovica64 »

anthontherun @ June 18, 2009 01:54 am wrote: Here's something interesting...

Should I be ecstatic about Al collaborating with Taylor Hanson? Because I am--suck it MT! :P There's nothing to indicate whether this will be one of the Internet Leaks, or if it'll be an Al or Hanson release (or both, or neither) but I figured it'd be safer to post it here than outside the Spoiler Zone.
I think we have photos from this dont we? was this where they were sledging in the snow?
<º))))><.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´"Not too stupid..... Just stupid enough!"¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
Jul 20th,23rd 2008
AlFest 1/8/2009
Al's Brain x20
Aug 13th,14th,21st,22nd, Dec 3rd,6th 2010
Aug 12th,14th,26th 2012
Oct 4th 2015
AlejandraDD
Obsessed
Awards: Most Violent Reaction to Someone Losing the Al-Man of the Year Award (The Tomato Awards)

Post by AlejandraDD »

Yes, here

Even though they wrote together, I doubt they'll be recording/releasing that song.
"Some nerds search Weird Al boards their whole lives and never meet anyone." - uwvark

2019: Fort Wayne, Kettering, Rochester Hills, Cleveland, Pittsburgh
https://www.concertarchives.org/alejand ... l-yankovic

AlFest 2009
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Or maybe Al will be featured on a Taylor Hanson project.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

If Al joins Tinted Windows, then there would be no need for any other bands to exist.
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Forgive my ignorance, but is Taylor Hanson one of the members of the band, Hanson? Or is this somebody else?

It looks like Al's doing a lot of collaborating this time around. It's good to see, as it'll bring new flavor to the album.
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Taylor Hanson is indeed on of the members of the band Hanson.

Never say never, Ale.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Well, it's not surprising that Al would work with him, then. I mean, we know of at least three times when Al's done something with/related to Hanson - the "Weird Al Show" appearance, the "River" video, and "Polka Power."

This should be interesting. July 14th! Whoo!
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

The timing does seem to fit with the schedule we have. He started recording "Craigslist", and I'm assuming the other three songs, in April. Writing a song in February and recording it in April seems like a reasonable time frame. Of course, we have no idea what the nature of this song is or whether it has been or ever will be recorded, but it's certainly possible given the timing.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
AlejandraDD
Obsessed
Awards: Most Violent Reaction to Someone Losing the Al-Man of the Year Award (The Tomato Awards)

Post by AlejandraDD »

algonacchick @ June 18, 2009 09:46 am wrote: Taylor Hanson is indeed on of the members of the band Hanson.

Never say never, Ale.
Hey, I never said never! :P

I said "I doubt" :D

If one of Al's new song is indeed a collaboration with Taylor Hanson, then we know Al won't like that he's hinting it in advance. Something about genies and bottles :P
"Some nerds search Weird Al boards their whole lives and never meet anyone." - uwvark

2019: Fort Wayne, Kettering, Rochester Hills, Cleveland, Pittsburgh
https://www.concertarchives.org/alejand ... l-yankovic

AlFest 2009