Moderator: Moderators

Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Re: Polka Vid?!

Post by Muppetboy09 »

Since the video has debuted already at the Lancaster show, we should be expecting to see it online in the near future!
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

I would say sometime by the end of next week. I mean, as of today it has been a month and all.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Well? What's the deal here? The video is done, right? So what's the hold up?
Alinite27
Off The Deep End

Post by Alinite27 »

Yeah, the video is done. Unless what they're waiting on is the beginning and ending of the video, which would be the live action parts. That would be, my guess, some footage shot from the concert shoot in Toronto. Those are the only parts missing anything, and all that would require was editing on the beginning and ending of the polka footage.

Since they finished editing the shoot last week, they should be able to use that footage now. Once that's put together, it will be definitely finished.
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

That's weird, I could've sworn that someone who attended one of this month's shows said that the video was done all the way through and that the only live action part wasn't Al playing the accordion. At any rate, even if the whole concert is edited and done I guess the same goes for this Polka Face video and we should be seeing it sometime in August hopefully.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

So you think he's saving it to release along with the television special? Or the DVD?
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Yeah, I think the video is done, no additional footage needed. There was live action in the video we saw, not much, but some. I think it will be good promo for the special or DVD, but we were promised it within a few weeks
Alinite27
Off The Deep End

Post by Alinite27 »

Well, yeah, there is additional footage that has to be melded together. Although, as I said, it shouldn't take very long. The video is black up through the Lichtensteiner Polka beginning. What we saw starts at the first bit of the Poker Face song. Then, it goes black again for the ending tag of the polka. I figure what they're doing at those black segments is going to be using live action of the beginning and ending of Al performing the polka in concert.
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

Alinite27 wrote:Well, yeah, there is additional footage that has to be melded together. Although, as I said, it shouldn't take very long. The video is black up through the Lichtensteiner Polka beginning. What we saw starts at the first bit of the Poker Face song. Then, it goes black again for the ending tag of the polka. I figure what they're doing at those black segments is going to be using live action of the beginning and ending of Al performing the polka in concert.
Ah, I thought that's what they were doing all along. Thank you Jeremy, now I have some sense of what the hold up is.
joseyklein
Obsessed

Post by joseyklein »

I'm pretty sure they are just waiting to release it on the DVD/Blu-Ray with Perform This Way and White and Nerdy. Its not gonna take that long to have it in my hands, only a month for the special and 2 for the BluRay.
...our neighbors septic tank was the closest thing we had..