Alpocalypse Chart Watch & Speculation

Moderator: Moderators

crazygurl14
Obsessed

Re: Alpocalypse Chart Watch & Speculation

Post by crazygurl14 »

Delux is now 117 on the top itunes album chart and has fallen to 3 and 5 on the comedy chart. The Lonely Island has found their way back to the number 1 spot.

Only if they determined chart numbers by how many times people listened to a particluar song or album. He would defanatly be high, i think i have listened to the cd almost everyday since i got it
Concerts i have attended:
memorial day 2000
july 27, 2003
august 22,2004
june 27, 2007
May 29, 2011
July 8, 2016
March 26,2018
July 3, 2019
ACTUALLY GOT AUTOGRAPH & HUG
6-27-13
After show autograph 7-3-19
Al-gal since '99
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

On my computer it still says that Al's number 1 and 2. Do they update at different times?
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it looks like Alpocalypse took a major stumble this week, down to 46.

Oh well gang. It's out of our hands, we did our job. It's Al's turn now. Let's see what he's got :)
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

Yep. Definitely a fan-rush situation. This is gonna be one of those albums that's just kind of existing in Al's catalog.

Unless one of the other videos goes mega-viral or something.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

weirdojace wrote:Yep. Definitely a fan-rush situation. This is gonna be one of those albums that's just kind of existing in Al's catalog.

Unless one of the other videos goes mega-viral or something.
I mean, it did give him his best charting debut ever... All twelve songs are available for free online. So this album will be enjoyed by people for free. That's just a reality and Al accepted it and put all of the songs on YouTube with videos. These days, he's going to have more success freely distributing one song at a time online than promoting one big single on the radio and MTV. The other album tracks will go quasi-viral online and then people will know the songs and ideally realize all the tracks they know are from one album and buy it. I predict this album will be a sleeper with sales, hitting the Gold and possibly Platinum statuses after a good deal of time. Hopefully, this strategy will work in that people will have heard more than the usual one or two tracks from his album and then will not be so puzzled in thinking "where are they now" every four years.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
ludovica64
Off The Deep End

Post by ludovica64 »

I agree with Jon. I think the fact we had already heard 7/12 tracks is a factor in Al releasing this baby back into the wild.
I don't care what anyone says, this is by far Al's best album in my opinion, certainly the most consistent from track to track. It may take a while to convince people. The public perceives this as a "comeback" of an artist/career they'd forgotten about. Slow burning "awareness raisers" might not make an instant fortune, but steady sales over time provide money that is just as green
<º))))><.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´"Not too stupid..... Just stupid enough!"¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
Jul 20th,23rd 2008
AlFest 1/8/2009
Al's Brain x20
Aug 13th,14th,21st,22nd, Dec 3rd,6th 2010
Aug 12th,14th,26th 2012
Oct 4th 2015
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

I think Jon is definitely right. Alpocalypse will be a sleeper, and it will ultimately sell very well. I think the tour will certainly help sales, and hopefully Al can continue to get onto TV shows to promote the album. The TV special that is being recorded in Toronto could also help slightly, depending on what channel it airs on and how much it's promoted. I think it will take a while to get this to Gold status, but it will happen eventually.
Grom
Off The Deep End

Post by Grom »

On the Australian album charts, Alpocalypse debuted at 28, and 19 on the digital albums chart.
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

It's still number one on the Billboard comedy charts!
HappyGilmore
Obsessed

Post by HappyGilmore »

ludovica64 wrote: The public perceives this as a "comeback" of an artist/career they'd forgotten about. Slow burning "awareness raisers" might not make an instant fortune, but steady sales over time provide money that is just as green
Isn't every cd by him considered a 'Comeback?"