Alpocalypse Chart Watch & Speculation

Moderator: Moderators

Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Re: Perform This Way

Post by Teh Dingo »

Lady Gaga could level out by then, Adele could tumble, and Lil Wayne could suffer from overexposure and not do well.

That's a lot of coulds to count on.
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

There's actually a very good chance that Lil Wayne has been delayed again until after June. That's not just wishful thinking...so he might not even be a factor in all this.
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
JCM
Off The Deep End
Awards: Most Annoying User

Post by JCM »

Thank goodness. The last thing I'd want is for some ex-convict to beat Al in the charts.
How old was that last signature? I mean, really?
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

JCM wrote:Thank goodness. The last thing I'd want is for some ex-convict to beat Al in the charts.
That's the last thing you'd want? The very last thing? Why is that even a big deal?
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Re: Alpocalypse Chart Watch & Speculation

Post by Killingsworth »

Hmm...my original post was a strange place to break this off into its own topic...as I intended it to have nothing to do with sales or chart speculation...I can see why it was separated, though...
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
crazygurl14
Obsessed

Post by crazygurl14 »

If the album does go #1 it will most likely be a short time on top becasue Beyonce's new album comes out the very next week. At least on the general chart- he will hopefully stay rather high in the chart in the comedy charts
Concerts i have attended:
memorial day 2000
july 27, 2003
august 22,2004
june 27, 2007
May 29, 2011
July 8, 2016
March 26,2018
July 3, 2019
ACTUALLY GOT AUTOGRAPH & HUG
6-27-13
After show autograph 7-3-19
Al-gal since '99
spmahn
Die-hard Fan

Post by spmahn »

Sorry to be a party pooper pessimist, but lets bring this back down to earth guys. We all love Al and hope the best for him, but this album isn't going to go #1, and it likely won't even be Top 10. As much as WE love Al, he still caters to a niche market, in an era where most people demand content for free or close to it. Straight Out of Lynwood was a good album, and it hit the right song at the right time and was successful.

This album is riding almost exclusively on a Lady Gaga parody that was released for free 2 months ago, and didn't make so much as a ripple on the sales charts. I also don't feel that a Lady Gaga parody itself is strong enough to carry an entire album because of the fact that Lady Gaga herself is practically a parody. It doesn't really work as well when the artist being parodied doesn't really take themselves all that seriously in the first place.

I also think the fact that the album took so long to come out, and the rest of the parodies are of songs that are fairly old by the standards set, will hurt it as well. These days songs are popular one minute and forgotten about the next, parodies of songs that are a year or two old at this point are going to feel stale, even if they are good songs.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it'll be a bad album, I'm sure it'll be fine, I just have my doubts as to whether or not it will be commercially successful.

Top 30 album maybe, Top 10, very unlikely.
ludovica64
Off The Deep End

Post by ludovica64 »

Cant say I disagree with spmahn tbh. It would be amazing if Al went Top 10 and I really hope that happens. What IS possible is that Al may do better in Europe & Aus as a result of the recentish tours than he may otherwise have done. US charts are a BIG pond to swim in and I hope Alpocalypse does well, but Al is a niche interest as has been pointed out. I will be thrilled if he has a week or two in the top 30 and overjoyed for anything more
<º))))><.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´"Not too stupid..... Just stupid enough!"¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
Jul 20th,23rd 2008
AlFest 1/8/2009
Al's Brain x20
Aug 13th,14th,21st,22nd, Dec 3rd,6th 2010
Aug 12th,14th,26th 2012
Oct 4th 2015
Wizzerkat
Off The Deep End

Post by Wizzerkat »

I can see the album perhaps being top 10 in the first week, then I see it slipping off to top 30 for a little bit, then that's it. That's ok. He will sell a good amount of digital, too.
Is my dude a dweeb?
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

spmahn wrote:Top 30 album maybe, Top 10, very unlikely.
You honestly don't think he will sell at least 24,000 copies in the first week to make the top ten? That's half of what "Poodle Hat" did without the help of a music video.
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;