Alpocalypse Chart Watch & Speculation

Moderator: Moderators

CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Re: Alpocalypse Chart Watch & Speculation

Post by CatraDhtem »

It's really looking less and less likely that "Carter IV" will also come out on the 21rst...unless it's going to be a digital-only release at first like he did with "I Am Not a Human Being." Neither Amazon or FYE is confirming a street date anymore at this point, and that's never a good sign with supposedly three weeks left to go (meanwhile, I know exactly how many copies of Al my local FYE is getting).
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

TMBJon wrote:Born This Way and Tha Carter IV are both going to be above Alpocalypse on the chart, possibly some others. I think a top ten is very reasonable, a top five would be amazing. The thing no one here has mentioned about Perform This Way is that the video has not come out yet. Al could still be coming with an incredible video that's released a week or two before the album causing a huge surge in Weird Al awareness. I don't think the song being a month old is going to be such a problem. After all, Born This Way the album just came out last week but Born This Way the song came out four months ago. The original song is still very relevant and Lady Gaga's popularity is at an all-time high. If promoted well and spread virally this video could really be what drives sales for Alpocalypse in the first few weeks.
I agree. A lot of people on this board are just brushing "Perform This Way" as a 'has-been' single, when in fact it will probably chart (hopefully) after the (hilarious) video is released.
giantlobsterrobot
Regular

Post by giantlobsterrobot »

There might also be more people like myself who aren't buying it (or Internet Leaks) because I'm waiting for the actual album instead of paying twice. It makes more sense that the album as a whole will do better than the 1 single if more people are going to go straight for the big thing. The price is getting more competitive now too. I pre-ordered it at $16.99 and now it's down to $13.99. (and it's not even released yet and still on Amazon's POP charts at 59 competing with albums that have been out for a while.)

It looks very promising that this album's going to be huge.
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

Also bear in mind that Al has videos prepared for every song on the album this time. For all we know, Party in the CIA or any other song could go mega-viral and drive the sales as well.
JCM
Off The Deep End
Awards: Most Annoying User

Post by JCM »

I doubt that Born This Way will still be number one three weeks from now. Albums rarely do that anymore, and even if it is Lady Gaga, I'm not holding my breath.
How old was that last signature? I mean, really?
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Adele says hi
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
music89
Occasional

Post by music89 »

so Lil' Waynes album has officially been pushed back to August 29th, so we dont have to worry about that anymore, and just for the record, Lady Gaga is expected to stay at number 1 next week, with another 200,000 copies being sold. In 3 weeks i would expect that number to drop greatly. The one thing we do have to worry about is Pitbulls album which comes out on the 21st. Thats probably gonna be number one. Besides that, no other really popular or notable bands are releasing an album, so it could be possible for Al to hit the top 5 with Alpocalypse, if the promotion is there...
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Wow. That's quite a drop off. Looks like that 99 cent promotion cost her in the long run.

Usually an artist of that caliber is still moving 150-300,000 copies a week by that point. 200,000 doesn't bode well for the long term.....
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
Wizzerkat
Off The Deep End

Post by Wizzerkat »

I hope Alpocalypse debuts #1 just so we can see Dingo's junk on Facebook :lol:
Is my dude a dweeb?
JCM
Off The Deep End
Awards: Most Annoying User

Post by JCM »

Dingo's what?
How old was that last signature? I mean, really?