Peeling The Orange

Moderator: Moderators

RyanHippFTW
Off The Deep End

Re: Peeling The Orange

Post by RyanHippFTW »

I was at our Best Buy on Sunday to see if they'd carry it and what their price would be, and they said they will price match it to their site's price, which will be, if I recall correctly, $12.99. So maybe their other stores will do that. :|
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

$12.99 is the price in the weekly ad as well for BB so it should ring up as that (I'm guessing that Josh was just pointing out the sort of "You saved $7" message that's always printed on receipts).

Last night I got an email from Borders telling me that I had $5 in store credit that I could spend until the end of the month...so $19.99 - 30% off coupon - 10% Borders Rewards discount - $5 = $8.50 for the deluxe edition. Not too shabby. They had about 5 copies of the deluxe and I didn't see any of the regular edition when I got there.
giantlobsterrobot
Regular

Post by giantlobsterrobot »

So I got the deluxe edition at 3pm. I said, "WOOHOO!" and looked at the pictures in the booklet as I walked to the cd player. I took out Accio Awesome (YAY for The 8th Horcrux) and put in Alpocalypse. I showed my kids some of the funny pictures. I played it on a loop as I cleaned house until 5:45. Oh. My daughter was also able to pick out that Al was imitating Nightmare on Elm Street (she loves horror movies) and when Party in the CIA came on,

she asked, "Does he just take the music from the internet?"

I said, "No. He has his band play everything."

She said, "Wow! They're really good!"

I said, "Yes! His band is extremely talented and have been with him since the beginning." :D

Then I had to run to the store and get ready for some company. I showed company the new cd.
Things have been so crazy that I have not gotten to see the videos yet. My son rediscovered our PS2 and has been playing the Capcom Collection Vol. 2 all last night/this morning. I'll be able to talk him into watching the videos with me soon though because he likes music videos and Al (he watched Perform This Way online 5 times in a row premier night, 3 times in a row last night, and asks everybody he sees if they'd like to see the video.
So in a tiny bit, I should be able to see the videos. :P
OH! Last night after company left, I ripped Alpocalypse to my PC then went to bed. :D

Great fun!
AHHHHH! Neon Noodle!!!
giantlobsterrobot
Regular

Post by giantlobsterrobot »

I finally got to watch the videos. My son is rewatching them all right now as I type this. :)
AHHHHH! Neon Noodle!!!
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

I got an email on Monday from weirdal.com that they screwed up and wouldn't even be shipping the CDs until Tuesday so... FAIL. They did offer free mp3s of the album for my inconvenience which was nice, but kind of useless for me because I already had the mp3s, but whatever. I downloaded them anyway just in case it counts towards first week sales or something.

So Tuesday I went to Barnes & Barnes Noble and couldn't find the CDs on any of the new release racks. I was about to give up when I decided to check Al under the comedy section. They had 2 copies of deluxe and one regular and an old copy of Essential. Not what I was expecting. Lady Gaga and Jackie Evancho had multiple rows in the new release racks and Jackie Evancho even had her own cardboard stand. So I hope other stores promoted it better.

I got home and waited for Jackie to get home from work, then we watched the videos in order. I liked then all a lot except ITIL and SFTCTM. I'm kind of fighting off a cold, so I went to bed shortly after that. Then Jackie told me Al didn't get his star. :(

I watched them all again today to catch the jokes I missed the first time around. WYL and AT are full of freeze frame jokes, it's great! I think this batch of videos (minus ITIL and SFTCTM) are much better than SOL's videos.

Dave
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Peeling The Orange

Post by minnick27 »

Did you not watch the TMZ video?
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
Elvis
Be jealous.

Post by Elvis »

Yes I did. I liked it. :Y

Dave
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Peeling The Orange

Post by minnick27 »

I'm not being smart, but why? Help me see how it's a decent video
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

I'm guessing Dave will use the "It's not Bob" defense :P
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
Elvis
Be jealous.

Post by Elvis »

I thought it told a good story from beginning to end. How the paparazzi will make a scandal out of any little thing and run with it until it takes on a life of its own and ultimately ruins the celebrity's life and reputation. I like that he stuck with a generic nameless celebrity and a generic scandal, rather than use a real celebrity in a real scandal that will just be outdated in few months. I could see this story happening today, five years ago, five years from now, or twenty years from now starring <insert current celebrity here>. Like Al in the song, he doesn't name names and the scandals are generic enough that the song won't ever become outdated. Same with the video. The next crop of celebrities and paparazzi are doomed to repeat.

Also, it's not Bob.

Dave