Peeling The Orange

Moderator: Moderators

Narelle27
Die-hard Fan

Re: Peeling The Orange

Post by Narelle27 »

I'm waiting for the release Friday. I don't even want to know the song order. I let it unfurl in the player (usually the car going home from the shop.)

I'll never forget the kids faces when they heard the start of 'Pancreas' for the first time - they thought Al (and I) had gone mad.

So, I'll buy it, no pre-order, listen to it in the car straight through. Probably listen to the new tracks again & then another straight through. Watch the dvd at home & read the booklet. Don't usually worry about the lyrics, I find Al clear enough - except Hardware store.

Then I'll make a copy for the kids to play to death so they don't a scratch mine :D
I've replaced almost every ALbum because of them.
there's a motorcycle zooming by me.....watch what happens when I open my door
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

I probably won't get this for a while (Worst case scenario, third week of August), so I just went ahead and listened to the stream when it came out
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
spmahn
Die-hard Fan

Post by spmahn »

Hopefully no one has any problem finding this in stores on Tuesday. My past experiences in finding Weird Al albums on release day has been frustrating at best. It's never on the shelf with the new releases, that would just be way too simple. Usually it involves searching through the aisles for the one teeny tiny section where the Comedy albums are kept, and even then, there's a good chance that FYE or Best Buy or Wal-Mart or whomever just chalked up the album as being a niche comedy release, and only bothered to order four copies for the entire store, all of which were sold quickly.

If you don't find it on the shelf, there's a chance that it might be in the back, but god forbid you ask any of the "helpful" employees at these stores to locate the new Weird Al CD, they will give you a look as though you just asked for the new Frank Sinatra Duets album where he sings with Milli Vanilli. This is why I only order online now.
WeirdMary0427
Obsessed

Post by WeirdMary0427 »

Probably import it to iTunes first...then sit and blast it through my headphones while looking through the booklet. Then I'll put the album on my iPod so I can listen to it everywhere I go. Once that is done, I will watch the DVD. It will be a great day!
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

spmahn, you're completely right in that last post. That was hilarious.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
HappyGilmore
Obsessed

Post by HappyGilmore »

spmahn wrote:Hopefully no one has any problem finding this in stores on Tuesday. My past experiences in finding Weird Al albums on release day has been frustrating at best. It's never on the shelf with the new releases, that would just be way too simple. Usually it involves searching through the aisles for the one teeny tiny section where the Comedy albums are kept, and even then, there's a good chance that FYE or Best Buy or Wal-Mart or whomever just chalked up the album as being a niche comedy release, and only bothered to order four copies for the entire store, all of which were sold quickly.

If you don't find it on the shelf, there's a chance that it might be in the back, but god forbid you ask any of the "helpful" employees at these stores to locate the new Weird Al CD, they will give you a look as though you just asked for the new Frank Sinatra Duets album where he sings with Milli Vanilli. This is why I only order online now.
Really?

I've never really had a problem with Best Buy or FYE. Wal-Mart, K-Mart, and a few other stores, yeah. I rarely stop by Wal-Mart, but went to a local one around the time SOL came out. Went to the music aisle and was depressed to see they only carried like, Justin Timberlake, Britney Spears and a slew of Elton John "Greatest Hits" releases. Went to Best Buy when Lonely Island's new album came out last month and they were front and center in the "New releases" section and such.
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

I almost had a problem getting SOL. I was in college at the time, and I decided to buy the album at The Exchange. The store had only ordered three copies, and even though I got there 5 minutes after it opened, they had already sold two of them. I remember the guy at the desk looked like he was about to have a heart attack. He said, "THREE copies?!! That's all we ordered? Oh man, it's gonna be a long day!" :lol:
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

Kevbo1987 wrote:I almost had a problem getting SOL. I was in college at the time, and I decided to buy the album at The Exchange. The store had only ordered three copies, and even though I got there 5 minutes after it opened, they had already sold two of them. I remember the guy at the desk looked like he was about to have a heart attack. He said, "THREE copies?!! That's all we ordered? Oh man, it's gonna be a long day!" :lol:
Wow? Only three! I really want to run up to a bigger city and actually hit up a record store, but I might have to stop by Wal*Mart and see if they have any copies of the deluxe edition.
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

I'm leaving work during my lunch break to pick it up just so I have the peace of mind during the afternoon. I went to Best Buy after work a few weeks ago when the new Lonely Island came out and they were sold out, which I definitely don't want to happen this time.

I'm gonna print out a Borders coupon in the morning just in case I have to swing by there too (it's about 5 minutes from Best Buy so no big deal).
joseyklein
Obsessed

Post by joseyklein »

Good luck with Borders being they closed their doors..
...our neighbors septic tank was the closest thing we had..