Peeling The Orange

Moderator: Moderators

AlejandraDD
Obsessed
Awards: Most Violent Reaction to Someone Losing the Al-Man of the Year Award (The Tomato Awards)

Re: Peeling The Orange

Post by AlejandraDD »

JCM wrote:
Big Spoon wrote:It happened with SOL, and happens with most releases nowadays.
You didn't answer my question, though. Why would it just leak out if the label secures it in check?
Also, people in the media may get advanced copies in order to have the review ready on release day. There comes a point where you can't control what people does with the album when they get it.
"Some nerds search Weird Al boards their whole lives and never meet anyone." - uwvark

2019: Fort Wayne, Kettering, Rochester Hills, Cleveland, Pittsburgh
https://www.concertarchives.org/alejand ... l-yankovic

AlFest 2009
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Well, this whole topic is out the window for me!

Having given in to leakage, I have now blown the "first listen" experience! Oh well!

But I have to say, I thought I would be skipping the "Internet Leaks" songs when I listen to the album, but I'm finding myself listening all the way through, and not skipping any of them - even "Ringtone". I'm glad they are holding up even with new stuff to listen to!
HappyGilmore
Obsessed

Post by HappyGilmore »

Well, what with the leakage, I've listened to it straight through. Well, straight through barring "Ringtone" as I tend to skip that.

I loathe it.
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

Yup, straight through, including Ringtone, and I still don't like it. I have gone back to specifially listen to CIA over and over -- I like that one best.
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

Yeah, that leak really threw the order of my orange peeling. Now, I can just put in the CD and not give the whole thing my full attention as I check facebook or whatever and just watch the DVD first...or whenever...
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Just curious - and I think this would be the right place to ask - who else out there still hasn't heard the album and is waiting for Tuesday? And what is your rationale for doing so?
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

I'm holding out until Tuesday as well. If I listen to it in advance, picking up the CD isn't going to be the super-exciting thrill that buying a new Al album is supposed to be; it'll feel more like a formality. Like, "Ok, cool, yeah, gotta add this to the collection" and not hoarding every copy in the store as I inspect them for minute flaws to determine the most pristine one, which I'll subsequently fondle as I chant, "My precious!" and then speeding home to play it, red lights and pedestrians be damned.

Besides, I've waited this long and heard about half of it, so what's another week? Also, there were two major Paul McCartney reissues this week so I want to give them, as well as Alpocalypse, the attention they deserve.
Grom
Off The Deep End

Post by Grom »

I'm waiting till Friday (when it's released in Australia) and the reason I'm waiting is much like Anth's. I prefer to listen to the CD after I've gone and done the ritual of purchasing it and such, rather than just getting it because I feel obligated to after hearing it all online for free.
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

TMBJon wrote:Just curious - and I think this would be the right place to ask - who else out there still hasn't heard the album and is waiting for Tuesday? And what is your rationale for doing so?
I'm holding out for pretty much the same reason as Anth. One of things I look most forward to as an Al fan is going to the store as soon as it opens on the day the album is released and listening to the album for the first time. It's almost become like a holiday for me now, and I feel like if I listen to the album before then, I'll be spoiling the experience for myself. I liken it to peeking at Christmas presents a few days before Christmas when I was a kid. I was obviously still excited on Christmas morning, but it just wasn't the same. I think if I've waited this long, I can wait a few more days.
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

Dave