Peeling The Orange

Moderator: Moderators

Way_Moby
Obsessed

Re: Peeling The Orange

Post by Way_Moby »

This is a little late, but oh well...

I got the CD the day it came out. I had to take my midterm for one of my college math classes, so I did that. Then I went to the local Wal*Mart since it's the only place in my town that sells new records. I looked around, and boom, found 2 copies of the deluxe edition! I grabbed it and some new music (including the new Owl City record. Good stuff).

I went home and popped the CD into my computer. I immediately ripped it into my iTunes. While I waited, I changed the "Internet Leaks" into "Alpocalypse" (same with "Perform This Way"). I then listened to all the new songs and then repeated the album and listened all the way through. Great stuff.

Time for the videos. I put the DVD in and watched straight threw. All of the Internet Leaks videos are awesome, especially "CNR." "Craigslist" isn't that funny but it's a perfect imitation of The Doors and I'm a huge fan. I really don't like "Ringtone" so the video was iffy with me. I didn't really like "TMZ" (didn't hate it though... just meh). PITC was awesome. Another Tattoo was pretty good. ITIL was kinda amateurish. WYL's video was AWESOME! My favorite second only to "Perform This Way." I loved all the hidden thinks in it. I really, really, really didn't like SFTCTM. Boring and kinda lame considering it was totted as a music video, not a fancy lyrics video. :( I want more live action.

After all of this, I took the album up to my room, sat down and read through the booklet. Love the pictures. I like how Al thanked the bands he style-parodied in the booklet rather than the obscure front man. Nice touch.

All in all, awesome album! I love it!
weirdal27
Occasional

Post by weirdal27 »

This is what I did:
When it came in the mail, I stuck the CD in my laptop and ripped the songs I didn't have to iTunes. While doing that, I put the DVD in my DVD player and watched the videos. After that, I played the album straight through, then played the songs I didn't have before. Then I looked at the booklet while listening to the music.
Better put your hands up and get in the van, or else you'll get blown away!

Concerts attended:

6/17/10 Sovereign PAC, Reading, PA
5/21/11 Bergen PAC, Englewood, NJ
10/13/11 Allentown Symphony Hall, Allentown, PA
giantlobsterrobot
Regular

Post by giantlobsterrobot »

I too was happy to see the style-parody bands thanked. I'm glad he did that because the original songs are such brilliant works musically and approached with much more care and talent than the parodies. The influence that those artists who inspired the original songs have should be acknowledged. I'm glad he's done that. I do know he did it on SOL too (naming front-men) but to give credit to the bands now does make me happy.
AHHHHH! Neon Noodle!!!
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Al mentioned in an interview before SOL that he felt he should be more straightforward about the style parodies so he would do that from now on. It's my own theory that he did it because of the backlash when people found out about Dick's Automotive.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Grom
Off The Deep End

Post by Grom »

TMBJon wrote:Al mentioned in an interview before SOL that he felt he should be more straightforward about the style parodies so he would do that from now on. It's my own theory that he did it because of the backlash TheLazenby spewed when he found out about Dick's Automotive.
Fixed.
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Peeling The Orange

Post by minnick27 »

Nice
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ