CNR Video w/out Full Song!

Moderator: Moderators

BIGAlfan2711
Regular

Post by BIGAlfan2711 »

All I'm thinking is: Why the hell doesn't the CNR vid have the full song? Why? Either I missed something, or not. Why do YOU think?
Al's working on Album #14 RIGHT NOW (kinda)!!!!
Weird Al: The Book is out NOW!
[email protected]
http://www.youtube.com/user/Zawesome27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ludovica64
Off The Deep End

Re: CNR Video w/out Full Song!

Post by ludovica64 »

I think its because the short version is for You tube and the full song is what you pay for.. If you rip an MP3 from the vid you dont get the whole thing.. This encourages you to buy the single instead of just putting You Tube on...
<º))))><.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´"Not too stupid..... Just stupid enough!"¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
Jul 20th,23rd 2008
AlFest 1/8/2009
Al's Brain x20
Aug 13th,14th,21st,22nd, Dec 3rd,6th 2010
Aug 12th,14th,26th 2012
Oct 4th 2015
joseyklein
Obsessed

Post by joseyklein »

I'm sure the vid will have the full song when the album is released, the short one is kind of a teaser of sorts
...our neighbors septic tank was the closest thing we had..
NMRodo
Occasional

Post by NMRodo »

I don't think the purpose is encouraging the listener to buy the song, because the video is for sale on iTunes and doesn't include the missing verse... also, I doubt the video is a "teaser", because why would he release the full versions of the other three videos and not "CNR"'s?

Maybe it's worth noting that he also cut out some of "Headline News" in its video... but in that case, it was a small musical break, not 40 seconds of actual singing.
JCM
Off The Deep End
Awards: Most Annoying User

Post by JCM »

I do wonder why he cut so much out of this video. Was it a necessity with JibJab? He's never done anything this extreme before.
How old was that last signature? I mean, really?
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

NMRodo wrote:Maybe it's worth noting that he also cut out some of "Headline News" in its video... but in that case, it was a small musical break, not 40 seconds of actual singing.
Maybe I'm just stupid, but what part was this?
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

When he does CNR live te video plays behind him. The section without video is just the head alternating colors. I'm gonna say what you see is what you get
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
joseyklein
Obsessed

Post by joseyklein »

Al's not the only person who's cut a song short for a video, others artists do it a lot. Most recently Lady Gaga
...our neighbors septic tank was the closest thing we had..
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

joseyklein wrote:Al's not the only person who's cut a song short for a video, others artists do it a lot. Most recently Lady Gaga
What song was this? It sounded like you were referring to BTW and I'm pretty sure she made the video longer than the actual songs and then decided to release a shortened video...and I personally wouldn't hold my breath for a lengthened CNR video...maybe they cut that verse due to money of creativity constraints but I'm guessing there's a reason why that part wasn't included...
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
ludovica64
Off The Deep End

Post by ludovica64 »

Well I bought both the single and the video version when they first came out so if it was a marketing ploy, it worked on me LOL
<º))))><.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´"Not too stupid..... Just stupid enough!"¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
Jul 20th,23rd 2008
AlFest 1/8/2009
Al's Brain x20
Aug 13th,14th,21st,22nd, Dec 3rd,6th 2010
Aug 12th,14th,26th 2012
Oct 4th 2015