Whatever You Like Video

Moderator: Moderators

Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Re: Whatever You Like Video

Post by Yankomaniac »

Im assuming it would be more like Amish Paradise or White & Nerdy. Sunshine shining and he'd be running around doing things in stores and restaurants, and at home with this girl he's singing too. So many possibilities!
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

Well, in a perfect world, yes, but I'm afraid their probably isn't a budget for that.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

When I said stores, I mean like at the laundromat, or a corner store. McDonalds of course, and riding the bus would have to be an occurence. I would think he has plenty of money to shoot videos.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

It'd be great if a song about having no budget gets high budget video
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

Yankomaniac wrote:When I said stores, I mean like at the laundromat, or a corner store. McDonalds of course, and riding the bus would have to be an occurence. I would think he has plenty of money to shoot videos.
Most music videos are made with a budget of over $100,000. As much as I'd love to see one, I really don't think that Al has oodles of cash to spend on a full-budget video for a 4-year old song.
the Dingo wrote:It'd be great if a song about having no budget gets high budget video
That would be great! The definition of irony right there!
JCM
Off The Deep End
Awards: Most Annoying User

Post by JCM »

the Dingo wrote:It'd be great if a song about having no budget gets high budget video
For once, I agree with you 100%.
JCM
Off The Deep End
Awards: Most Annoying User

Post by JCM »

I wonder why he didn't bother with creating a video for this song when it was on Internet Leaks. It would have been a great push for the album, but it might have exhausted too many resources for a simple EP. Oh well, the past is the past. I just hope this video is as good as I'm expecting, hopefully even better.
Last edited by Teh Dingo on Thu May 12, 2011 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Just removing a smiley that's no longer relevant. Don't mind me
How old was that last signature? I mean, really?
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

JCM wrote:I wonder why he didn't bother with creating a video for this song when it was on Internet Leaks.
I think the whole point of WYL was to see how quickly he could conceive a parody, get permission for it, record, and then release it. Al seemed to have taken a great bit of pride in going through that whole process while the T.I. song was still #1, so he probably thought that waiting for a video to be produced--even a low-budget quickie--would have taken too much time for the purpose of this experiment.
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
joseyklein
Obsessed

Post by joseyklein »

what would be hilarious would be, since the song is about the economy and falling on financial hard times.. is if he played it out as if the video fell on hard times, and they released it on VHS cause that was all they could afford to do :lol:
...our neighbors septic tank was the closest thing we had..
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

It would actually be far more expensive to release the video on VHS than it would to release it digitally.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.